Preorder: This item is not yet in stock but is available for preorder. The expected availability date shown above is our best estimate as to when it will be shipped to you, but this date is subject to change based on our receipt of this item from its vendor. Shipping in the continental US is free for all preorder items (for international orders, our customer service team will contact you when the item is available to ship). Your credit card will not be charged until your item ships (Paypal requires payment up front, but you can cancel for full refund). Anytime prior to shipment, your preorder can be cancelled by contacting our customer service team.
Faster, Lighter, Hookless-Compatible, & Already Won Paris-Roubaix
Introducing the all-new Continental Grand Prix 5000 S TR Road Tire — 20% faster, 28% more puncture-proof, & 50 grams lighter than the previous GP5000 tubeless model.
Even before its release to the public, the Grand Prix 5000 S TR already had top podium appearances at some of the world's greatest cycling races including Fillipo Ganna's 2021 World Championship time trial victory and Sonny Colbrelli's remarkable Paris-Roubaix win. Both races put this new tire to the test — the time trial with its long flat straightaways and the Paris-Roubaix with its wet cobbles, mud, and slick pavement.
Suffice it to say, this is the best road tire that Continental has ever made.
Here's how the new GP5K S TR looks compared to its predecessor:
+20% More Speed — 2/220 TPI carcass under the tread reduces material deflection
+28% More Sidewall Protection — 3/330 TPI adds one more protective layer in the sidewall, and it also makes running the tire at lower pressure more stable
Minus 50 grams in weight (700x25mm size) — With the new construction. Conti removed an inner liner while still keeping the tire tubeless
- Lazer Grip — The lasered micro profile structure expands over the tire's shoulder and provides outstanding cornering
- Black Chili Rubber Compound — Proprietary rubber formula for optimal grip and minimal rolling resistance
- Vectran — Conti's Vectran Breaker has excellent tear and puncture resistance while also being a very low weight
- Tubeless Ready — Conti's carcass construction keeps the tire from losing air while also being extremely puncture proof
- Hookless rim compatible up to 73 PSI / 5 bars
- Hooked: Max. 7.5 BAR / 109 PSI (700x25mm), Hooked: Max. 6.5 BAR / 94 PSI (700x28mm)
B-Stock - This product has one or more B-Stock units available. These units can be purchased at a discount (see option select). B-Stock units were returned from other customers and may have missing or damaged packaging materials. These units are otherwise as new. The full manufacturer warranty applies. Click Here for more information.
The product weight specified is an approximate weight based on the manufacturer's specifications (if available) or our measurement of one or two examples. For most products, the weight will typically vary by 5% to 10%.
* Due to limited availability of this product, we are limiting the quantity per customer to 10 units to allow more of our customers to purchase this product. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Articles will open in new tab.
A guide to bicycle tire sizes, both standard on newer bikes and common on older bikes.
Understanding older bicycle tire sizes.
The different types of road bicycle tires and how to select what is best for you.
A useful chart for determining the tire size you need for your bicycle.
Tips for proper bicycle tire mounting and tire safety.
A guide to understanding tire width.
A guide to understanding bicycle tire tread patterns and what you should look for.