Backorder: This item is currently out of stock but is available to purchase today as a backorder. The expected availability date shown above is our best estimate as to when it will be shipped to you, but this date is subject to change based on our receipt of this item from its vendor. Shipping in the continental US is free for all backorder items (for international orders, our customer service team will contact you when the item is available to ship). Your credit card will not be charged until your item ships (Paypal requires payment up front, but you can cancel for full refund). Anytime prior to shipment, your backorder can be cancelled by contacting our customer service team.
These Zipp 404 NSW Tubeless Disc Brake Wheels are labeled Nest Speed Weaponry as they come from the very upper echelons of Zipp’s "Nest" research and development division. Using the class-leading Firecrest rim-profile as a starting point, these 404 NSW wheels have a wider profile at 27.8 mm and an updated ABLC™ SawTooth™ dimpling pattern for even better aero efficiency and crosswind stability. ImPress™ graphics makes an aesthetically subtle but significant upgrade performance-wise by printing the logos directly onto the wheel so the work of the aerodynamic dimpling is unaffected unlike with traditional wheel decals.
Down from the Zipp 404 NSW’s 58 mm deep rims, the 24 front and rear Sapim CX-Ray spokes are laced to a new-and improved Cognition™ Disc hubset. The rear uses Axial Clutch™ technology that reduces drag by using a magnet-operated 36-tooth freehub mechanism that disengages when coasting. It also features star-shaped flanges out back along with a scalloped hub shell on the front that serve to reduce the loads placed on the bearings for extended longevity and smoothness. With its Center Lock compatibility, this disc brake-specific version of the 404 NSW offers vastly superior braking in all seasons and all terrains.
Includes Tangente quick-release skewers, wheel bags, valve core removal tool, Zipp tubeless valve – factory installed, Zipp Tubeless rim tape – factory installed, Zipp Cognition Thru-Axle caps to fit 12x100, 15x100, and 12x142 dropouts, Zipp cognition oil, and a Freehub body space – 11 to 10 speed.
- 58mm-deep carbon fiber wheelset, featuring Road Tubeless and disc brake compatibility.
- ABLC™ Sawtooth Rim Profile provides improved aerodynamic performance and improved crosswind stability.
- ImPress™ graphics print directly onto the wheel, further improving aerodynamics.
- Rim Material: Carbon Fiber.
- Wheel Size: 700c.
- Tire Type: Tubeless.
- Rim Depth: 58mm.
- Rim Width: 19mm (internal), 26.4mm (external).
- Brake Compatibility: Disc brake, Center Lock (Lock ring not included).
- Hubs: Cognition Disc.
- Front Axle: Thru-Axle compatible, 12x100 or 15x100 (caps included) .
- Rear Axle: Thru-Axle compatible, 12x142 (caps included).
- Skewers: Zipp Tangente quick-release skewers.
- Spokes: Sapim CX-Ray J-Bend.
- Spoke Nipple: Sapim Secure Lock J-Bend.
- Spoke Count: 24 front and rear .
- Max. Rider Weight: 250 lbs.
- Claimed Weight: 760 g / front, 840 g / rear, 1600 g total.
- Manufacturer Warranty: 2 years.
This product ships signature required.
Ordered by Most Relevant First
Started good, then went bad
Purchased these and road them for two weeks, until they started to not free wheel very well as time went on. At this cost I was very disappointed. Went back to my original zipp 303 firecrest and they are still spinning very well. I think zipp needs to work out the kinks in the NSW model. Riding was all in dry paved road conditions.
Was this review useful to you? Yes
Thank you for your feedback.
A guide to clincher and tubular bicycle wheels.