Hammer Gel might look like similar products on the market, but it’s what’s inside that counts! Other energy gels are made with simple sugars, citric acid, and usually artificial flavors and colors. The results are predictable: energy peaks and valleys, and trips to the porta potty.
Hammer Gel’s complex carbohydrates, all-natural ingredients, and pH-balancing formula provides quick yet sustained energy in a convenient, tasty, concentrated form. The addition of branched-chain amino acids helps to prevent muscle tissue breakdown while reducing fatigue. The result is a highly effective, concentrated fuel source that digests easier than any other energy gel. It might look similar to others, but the ingredients—and benefits— are completely distinct. Hammer Gel is real endurance fuel—not sugar!
Note:Hammer Flask holds 5-6 servings. Only Espresso and Tropical flavors contain caffeine, 50 mg for Espresso and 25 mg for Tropical per serving.
- Maltodextrin: A high-glycemic index (GI) complex carbohydrate, ideal for providing fast-acting, long-lasting energy during exercise and for replenishing the body’s glycogen stores after exercise.
- Energy Smart® (Grape Juice, Rice Dextrin): This all-natural, low-sugar sweetener plays an important role in Hammer Gel’s delicious flavor while contributing minimally to the overall carbohydrate content. Energy Smart® is certified non-GMO, gluten-free, and allergen-free.
- Citric Acid: Used in minimum amounts to meet FDA requirements for acidity levels. Hammer Gel contains less citric acid than comparable products.
- Salt: Minimally added for preservation, flavor, and digestive support. It is not a source of electrolytes (see Endurolytes® product line).
- L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine, L-Valine: The branched-chain amino acids (BCAA’s) protect against muscle tissue breakdown, while also helping alleviate fatigue.
- L-Alanine: This amino acid is used to help meet energy demands, particularly when the body’s carbohydrates stores are running low.
- Potassium Chloride: Source of potassium and sodium.
- Cultured Dextrose: An FDA-approved, all-natural preservative.
B-Stock - This product has one or more B-Stock units available. These units can be purchased at a discount (see option select). B-Stock units were returned from other customers and may have missing or damaged packaging materials. These units are otherwise as new. The full manufacturer warranty applies. Click Here for more information.
Food Type: Gel
Mfg PartNum: HBC24
Mfg PartNum: HBE24
Mfg PartNum: HBH24
Mfg PartNum: HBO24
Mfg PartNum: HBV24
Mfg PartNum: HBV24
Mfg PartNum: HBV24
Mfg PartNum: HBB24
Mfg PartNum: HBA24
Mfg PartNum: HBN24
Mfg PartNum: HBP24
Peanut Butter Chocolate
Mfg PartNum: HBPC24
I have used these for years. My better half uses them when she runs too. We both tried the newer thinner gels that are getting popular right now and both came to the same conclusion. The others work okay but you crash hard with them so you better be ready to keep pumping them in once you start. The Hammer Gel's have no sugar so we don't seam to crash after taking one. It will just get used up and you can take another or just ride on in tired. When the other thin ones we tried gets used up you better take another one or it isn't going to be fun getting home. If I am 8-10 miles from home I hate to burn a Gel just to get home on a solo ride, with Hammer I don't have to.
Used this product for years. Hammer Nutrition works. Use it during a ride or a long run, while competing or training. You will not be disappointed. Buying a 24 pack of one flavor is a commitment. But if you know what flavor you like, no worries.
My go to for gels on longer or hotter rides of more than 2 hrs. Nice boost & almost no sugar. Really like all the different flavors but, Expresso is my favorite.
I like the flavor but especially what it does to me on long rides...energy when needed and doesn't hurt my stomach. But beware, this flavor makes me gassy. Not sure if it's just me though. Other hammer flavors, I have no problem at all but this one is different. Maybe an extra turbo during my sprints. Lol!
Volunteers were handing out these gels during the run portion of a tri and that Montana Huckleberry flavor really hit the spot. I've tried GU, Clif, and Hammer's gels and like Hammer's the best. Apple-Cinnamon, Espresso, and (Montana) Huckleberry are my favorites and make excellent jelly replacements in PB&J's. They taste good, provide quick energy, sit well, and are available in bottles so you don't need to keep dozens of pouches around.
Seriously, make a peanut butter & jelly sandwich with the Apple-Cinnamon gel. Don't let your kids try it though - this stuff is like rocket fuel for toddlers.
Articles will open in new tab.