ENVE's SES 5.6 Disc Chris King C Wheelset features a re-formulated rim design and Chris King R45 Centerlock™ hubs for a distinctive disc brake carbon clincher experience. This wheelset is exceptionally lightweight, aerodynamic, and responsive due to its disc brake construction. The heat-resistant material that’s necessary on carbon fiber braking surfaces adds weight to wheels whereas the absence of that material with disc brake construction yields a significantly lighter wheelset. The rims feature an improved version of ENVE’s patented SES rim curvature design for enhanced aerodynamics while lower rotational inertia - a byproduct of moving the braking mechanism from the rim to the hub - yields enhanced responsiveness. Equipped with the lightweight ceramic bearings and low-friction seals of Chris King’s thru axle R45 Centerlock™ hubs, this wheelset is a force to be reckoned with.
Wheelset Weight: ~1,474g.
- Weight (Clincher): 450g/470g (Set: 920g).
- Depth: 54mm/63mm.
- Internal Width: 19mm/19mm.
- External Width: 28.75mm/28mm.
- Hole Count: 24/24.
- Effective Rim Diameter: 550mm/533mm.
- Aero Optimized Tire Size: 25c/25c.
Chris King R45 Centerlock™ hubs:
- Attachment: Thru axle.
- Axle size: 100x12mm (Front); 142x12mm (Rear).
- Drill holes: 24 (Front & Rear).
- Bearing: Ceramic.
- Heat-treated, surgical grade steel races.
- 45-point RingDrive™ engagement system.
- Serviceable & rebuildable w/ Chris King R45 hub tool.
This product ships signature required.
A guide to clincher and tubular bicycle wheels.