Set A New Personal Best
Castelli's Women's PR Tri Speed Suit is so fast it's illegal. No really.
Since 2016, Castelli has gone all in on aerodynamic research in collaboration with the Norwegian Technical University. Without diving into too much detail, this involved extensive research, wind tunnels, rapid prototyping and CFD analysis.
The first big success from the research was Team Sky's TT suit that placed four riders in the top eight at the opening Tour de France time trial.
Then the UCI made it illegal.
So while this suit isn't 'technically' UCI legal due to silicone ribs used in the arms, it's actually faster than the pro cyclists' suits. The main body fabric is an impossibly light 50 denier — usually in sports clothing 40 denier is considered ultrafine. The legs and sleeves are long for aerodynamics, while the light fabrics are great for dealing with heat since they're thin enough to not get weighed down, yet the 8% Lycra content holds a bit of moisture next to your skin for rapid cooling. The insane stretch allowed Castelli to make something that truly fits like a second skin on the bike but that doesn't restrict in any way on the swim or run.
Castelli's KISS Tri pad offers some welcome padding while you're on the bike but is thin enough that it will not restrict or chafe on the run.
This suit offers real time savings on the bike leg while providing cooling and comfort on the run, but it was made with the expectation of being worn under a swimskin or wetsuit for the swim. It's optimized for high speeds — and pro athletes or anyone looking to set a new PR.
- Pro-level long-distance race suit to deliver real aero benefits on the bike while providing comfort and cooling on the run
- 50-denier upper-body fabric is the thinnest, smoothest fabric for light weight and maximum aerodynamics
- Active cooling for the run with moisture evaporating directly next to the skin
- Silicone speed ribs on the sleeves induce turbulence to reduce drag on one of the most exposed parts of the body
- Elbow-length sleeves and knee-length legs for maximum aerodynamics
- Support short portion to keep everything in place on the run
- 2 rear pockets for ample nutrition storage
- KISS Tri pad
- Lapis Blue colorway
- Sizes: S-XL
B-Stock - This product has one or more B-Stock units available. These units can be purchased at a discount (see option select). B-Stock units were returned from other customers and may have missing or damaged packaging materials. These units are otherwise as new. The full manufacturer warranty applies. Click Here for more information.
Discount Codes are not applicable to Closeouts.
This product is NOT Eligible for VIP Points.