Ready to experience total drivetrain optimization? Introducing Kolossos, Kogel Bearing's ceramic oversized derailleur cage for SRAM XPLR AXS 12-speed rear derailleurs.
Kolossos is the Greek word for a statue, much larger than the original subject. Seems fitting for an oversized derailleur cage. Besides being designed for World Tour victories, Kolossos gives you reduced friction, improved shifting accuracy, and better chain retention.
The Kolossos for XPLR sort of looks as if the cage for eTapAXS and Eagle had a baby. The upper pulley is offset to increase gear range, but not as much as the Eagle, so the cage is Kogel's shortest ever as a result. Since this is a product meant to reduce drivetrain friction, they come standard with Kogel's low-friction road seals. They offer some protection against the elements, but not a lot. The bearings can easily be rebuilt with cross seals if tomorrow's ride looks wet and muddy.
Please note: Installing an oversized derailleur cage typically requires replacing your chain to accommodate the larger pulleys. This cage fits XPLR versions of SRAM Red, Force, and Rival drivetrains.
Bigger Is Better
Oversized derailleur pulleys are all the rage nowadays. Big derailleur pulleys cause less deflection in the chain and slower rotations in the bearings. Both lead to less friction and a more efficient power transfer between legs and wheels.
Kogel's goal was to build a cage so stiff that it holds the chain like a stock cage, while offering all the benefits of low drag oversized pulleys. Kolossos is 3x stiffer than the main competitor product and 2x stiffer compared to the original pulley cage on your derailleur.
Many oversized pulley systems are plagued with vague shifting due to the lack of stiffness of the components. Plus, your stock derailleur's efficiency is limited by the size of the factory derailleur pulleys.
Kogel Oversized Derailleur Cages are:
- Built to offer low friction while maintaining shifting accuracy.
- Built for road as well as off-road use, we are not here to restrict your adventures
- Engineered with a long-tooth profile on lower pulley for better chain retention.
- Design offering low friction AND shifting accuracy.
- Long-tooth profile on lower pulley for better chain retention.
- Chain catcher on lower pulley to prevent chain jams.
- No limits on-road and off-road compatibility.
- SS (short) cage and GS (medium) cage fit and easy installation right out of the box.
- Reduced drag associated with clutch derailleurs and 1x setups
- 2-year Guaranteed Performance Warranty on the cages, so you can feel confident and secure about your next two seasons of riding
B-Stock - This product has one or more B-Stock units available. These units can be purchased at a discount (see option select). B-Stock units were returned from other customers and may have missing or damaged packaging materials. These units are otherwise as new. The full manufacturer warranty applies. Click Here for more information.
Mfg PartNum: KOL-XPLR-R