Redefining Progressive Mountain Biking
The Giro Insurgent Spherical Full-Face MTB Helmet is focused on delivering the protection that top riders demand, from the Enduro World Series to Red Bull Rampage. Giro's engineers maximized the intake points for cool, fresh air while optimizing the exhaust ports and connecting it all with deep channels.
A lightweight, absorbent, soft-touch pad set includes a brow pad with dedicated flange to route sweat away from your eyes. Two different cheek pads are included with each of the three sizes, allowing for a customizable fit, secured via directional snap system allowing for easy removal in case of a crash.
At 1,040 grams in size M/L, the Insurgent is 200 grams lighter than the Disciple Mips despite the added spherical tech features. Insurgent Spherical utilizes a pair of foam layers that work like a ball and socket to redirect impact energy in a crash. One layer is EPS, which is well suited to high speed crashes. The other is a lower density EPP foam with rebound characteristics to address low-speed, roll-around-in-the-dirt-type spills.
Additional features include a Flex Gasket along the lower edge of the helmet, designed to reduce the role a helmet can play in certain collarbone impacts, tool-free breakaway visor bolts with integrated Allen key receiver for easy removal, and a central visor bolt hole, which does double-duty as the ideal mount for P.O.V. action cameras.
The Giro Insurgent Spherical is truly optimized protection for riders redefining what is possible in progressive mountain biking.
- Spherical Technology
- Mips Brain Protection System
- Progressive Layering with EPS outer liner & EPP inner liner
- EPP chinbar liner
- Pre-preg fiberglass shell
- Stack Ventilation
- Optimized airflow intake vents and channeled ventilation
- Patent-pending Flex Gasket Adjustable moto-style screw-in visor
- Added central visor bolt hole enables action camera mounting space
- Tool-free breakaway visor bolts
- Directional snap system for removable cheek-pads
- Two sets of cheek-pads for variable thickness adjustability
- Ionic+ anti-microbial padding 25mm webbing with D-Ring buckle
- Certifications: ASTM-1952-DH, CE EN 1078, CPSC, AS/NZS, ASTM- 2032-BMX
- Available in Matte Black and Harbor Blue
- 1,040 grams size M/L
Free Exchanges: This product qualifies for free exchanges within the first 60 days after order. We'll cover the shipping both ways for US customers if you need a different size and/or color of this product. Returned product must be in new condition with all labels and packaging. Free exchanges apply only for product in stock or available for backorder.
B-Stock - This product has one or more B-Stock units available. These units can be purchased at a discount (see option select). B-Stock units were returned from other customers and may have missing or damaged packaging materials. These units are otherwise as new. The full manufacturer warranty applies. Click Here for more information.
Articles will open in new tab.
A guide to selecting the proper bike helmet.