Backorder: This item is currently out of stock but is available to purchase today as a backorder. The expected availability date shown above is our best estimate as to when it will be shipped to you, but this date is subject to change based on our receipt of this item from its vendor. Shipping in the continental US is free for all backorder items (for international orders, our customer service team will contact you when the item is available to ship). Your credit card will not be charged until your item ships (Paypal requires payment up front, but you can cancel for full refund). Anytime prior to shipment, your backorder can be cancelled by contacting our customer service team.
The Era Of Garmin Solar Head Units Has Arrived
Never stop cycling with the Garmin Edge 1040 Solar. Not only is the Edge 1040 Solar Garmin's first dedicated head unit with solar charging, but also the first to feature multi-band GNSS technology for even better coverage under dense tree cover, on remote mountain trails and even between tall urban buildings. It's also packed with performance features that help you understand your strengths and weaknesses to coach you through any challenge. When paired with compatible sensors, it can even help you manage your efforts by providing power targets throughout a route or workout and stamina feature insights, so you know how much gas is left in the tank. And the setup is simple, so you can take it out of the box and be out riding in no time.
The Power Glass solar charging lens significantly extends battery life, giving you up to 100 hours in battery saver mode or up to 45 hours in demanding use cases; during daytime rides, it adds up to 42 minutes per hour in battery saver mode and up to 20 minutes per hour in demanding use cases, assuming continuous 75,000 lux conditions during daytime riding)
- Superior navigation, planning and performance tracking, and smart connectivity
- The Power Glass solar charging lens extends battery life up to 42 min per hour
- Multi-band GNSS technology that provides enhanced positioning accuracy
- Easily access routes, tools and data fields from the device or a paired smartphone
- Power Guide recommends course-specific power targets when paired w/ sensors
- Stay on top of your training program with prompts to complete missed workouts
- Ride type-specific maps highlight popular roads and trails
- Ride like a local with searchable points of interest
- Connect with your favorite platforms, including Strava, Komoot, TrainingPeaks and more
- Up to 35 hours of battery life under demanding use, up to 70 hours in battery save mode
- Includes Edge 1040 Solar, flush mount, standard mount, tether, USB-A to USB-C cable
- 2.3" x 4.6" display
- Lithium Ion battery
- 32 GB internal memory
- Unit weight: 133g
B-Stock - This product has one or more B-Stock units available. These units can be purchased at a discount (see option select). B-Stock units were returned from other customers and may have missing or damaged packaging materials. These units are otherwise as new. The full manufacturer warranty applies. Click Here for more information.
This product ships signature required.
Articles will open in new tab.
A guide to selecting cycling computers.