Turns Out Sometimes RED Means Go!
The Challenge Grifo is considered by many to be the best all-around cyclocross tire ever created, and now it's available in a red Team Edition TLR with 320 TPI Sealed Corespun Cotton casing. There's never been a better time to experience this miracle tire that excels in wet or dry, soft packed, rocky and root-infested courses, grass, and more.
The Grifo features fast rolling center knobs for laying the hammer down that also offers excellent pedaling and braking traction when the going gets rough. Challenge TLR tires meet the new ETRTO and ISO standard and are hookless compatible. Designed to be compliant with UCI rules which are optimized for rims with an internal rim width up to 23mm. Challenge handmade TLR tires are created using a thin fabric strip between the tread and casing layers to enhance their resistance to punctures.
- Widely-spaced tread excels in all cyclocross conditions
- Handmade tires combine many attributes to create the most comfortable and low rolling resistance tires.
- Sealed Corespun Cotton — to protect cotton casing, Challenge apply a special waterproof bead to bead coating. This treatment keeps the casing lighter, softer and more supple, extending tires life and brightness.
- Tires marked S utilize a softer durometer tread rubber that is Softer and more Supple, especially for cyclocross tires.
- The Puncture Protection Strip is a special fabric placed between a tire's tread and casing to increase resistance to punctures.
- 700x33mm tubeless ready
- Aramid bead
- 1.8-2.5 BAR (26-36 PSI)
- 320 TPI
B-Stock - This product has one or more B-Stock units available. These units can be purchased at a discount (see option select). B-Stock units were returned from other customers and may have missing or damaged packaging materials. These units are otherwise as new. The full manufacturer warranty applies. Click Here for more information.
The product weight specified is an approximate weight based on the manufacturer's specifications (if available) or our measurement of one or two examples. For most products, the weight will typically vary by 5% to 10%.
Weight: 380 grams
Threads Per Inch: 320
Tire Type: Tubeless Ready
Wheel Size: 700C/29" (ISO 622)
Tire Width: 33mm (1.3in)
Mfg PartNum: 00606
Tire rides with a real suppleness that you would only expect from a tubular tire. It was difficult to install since the sidewalls wouldnt hold the tire in place as I was mounting it. I had to use a toe strap to hold the tire in place as I worked it onto the rim.
Articles will open in new tab.