Determined to design a real-world waterproof jacket that ensures dryness and warmth without compromising breathability, proper fit, and style, Castelli created the Men’s Alpha ROS Jacket. This jacket features their original two layer alpha construction with a soft, insulating inner layer and a windproof yet breathable DWR-treated Gore® Windstopper® outer layer. Double stitching, selective seam sealing, and reduced seams overall deliver a warm yet breathable all-weather jacket that’s nearly impenetrable to water.
For a close but non-restrictive fit, this Jacket has a raw-edge waist that stays flat against the torso while still moving with the body. The cuffs feature raw-edge construction as well for smooth convergence with gloves. Stretchy fabrics paired with anatomic paneling ensure a snug fit that can accommodate a wider range of body sizes.
Features & Specs:
- Gore® Windstopper® 150 outer shell.
- Soft, insulating inner layer.
- Nearly impenetrable to water.
- Moisture wicking and ventilated.
- Reduced seaming & seam sealing.
- Double stitching.
- Waterproof YKK® Vislon® zipper.
- Raw-edge cuffs and waist.
- Stretch and anatomic design yield snug yet accommodating fit.
- Three rear elasticized pockets with reflective laser-cut drain holes.
- Approx. Weight: 515g.
Castelli’s Rating System:
- 5/5 windproof.
- 5/5 insulation.
- 4/5 waterproof.
- 4/5 breathability.
- 4/5 lightweight.