The YPSILON (pronounced ip.si.lon) Home Kit is SILCA's take on the unassuming Y-wrench. Most tools in this layout feature 4mm, 5mm and 6mm keys; meaning that the wrenches for some of the most common use cases in cycling are readily available in one tool. The shape of the Y-wrench also offers superior control and stability over traditional hex keys, especially in tighter work areas where space is at a premium.
Ypsilon was designed by a team of engineers and mechanics who obsess over improving products. The body of the tool is constructed using a composite polymer with soft over-mold grips. Unlike traditional Y-wrench designs, YPSILON is customizable and adaptable to the mechanicÃ¢â‚¬™s preferences. This is accomplished by using a Ã‚Â¼Ã¢â‚¬Â bit collet with magnetic bit attachment in place of a fixed 6mm hex. This departure from the traditional Y-wrench design was inspired by the versatility of our T-Ratchet + Ti Torque kit. The YPSILON can easily transform into any required Ã‚Â¼Ã¢â‚¬Â based tool by swapping out the bit.
The YPSILON Home Kit features a comprehensive selection of precision S2 steel bits in a handmade Birch case.
Features & Specs:
- High strength CrV steel spine leading to 4mm and 5mm hex
- Lightweight composite polymer body with ergonomic grips
- 1/4 inch bit collet with magnetic bit attachment
- S2 steel Hex bits: 1.5, 2, 2.5, 3 and 6mm
- S2 steel Torx bits: T8, T10, T15, T20, T25 and T30
- S2 steel Screw bits: PH1, PH2, SL4 and SL5
- Distinctive birch case with magnetic closure
Articles will open in new tab.
Q & A with home mechanic Tommy Tuite.