Light and Motion's Rando 500 Front Light offers an astounding 500-lumen output with extended runtime, as well as on-the-go charging capability. Ideal for dynamo setups, touring, commuting, or adventure rides, the Rando 500 will provide reliable, dependable illumination. With all of the safety innovations of Light and Motion's Urban series, the Rando also offers the capability of trickle-charging while in use.
- 500 lumen output certified to the FL-1 Standard.
- Trickle-charging capability in Low/Pulse mode for all day illumination.
- Innovative amber side lighting offers increased side visibility.
- SafePulse mode, essential for daytime riding.
- Race Mode enables riders to easily toggle between high and medium illumination.
- Custom engineered LED optics create a smooth, even beam pattern.
- Waterproof design provides all-weather reliability.
- Micro USB rechargeable, with Rando-specific charging cable.
- Includes: Quick Release Handlebar Mount and Rando Specific Micro USB Charging Cable.
B-Stock - This product has one or more B-Stock units available. These units can be purchased at a discount (see option select). B-Stock units were returned from other customers and may have missing or damaged packaging materials. These units are otherwise as new. The full manufacturer warranty applies. Click Here for more information.
Ordered by Most Relevant First
4 of 4 customers found this review helpful.
Solid, long running light but needs proprietary cable
I purchased this light for the long runtime and ability to charge from a dynamo hub. It has the same light pattern and usability as the other Urban series lights, but double the run times, up to 12 hours low24 hours pulse.
Be aware one must use the included USB cable for charging in some instances, notably from AC power. The light turns on when using a non-L&M cable from AC if the battery level is below 50%. Oddly, it still charges normally (does not turn on) via my laptop USB port with a standard cord. L&M tells me this is not a defect. I have not used it with a dynamo hub or portable battery yet.
Was this review useful to you? Yes
Thank you for your feedback.
Articles will open in new tab.
How to pick the right bicycle lights to stay seen and visible on your bike.