So Light You'll Barely Feel Them On
Introducing the KOO Supernova Sunglasses, one of the most lightweight specs on the market. Coming in at only 21 grams, the KOO Supernova Sunglasses have a frameless single lens that's shatter-proof, anti-reflective, and protects against 100% of harmful UV rays.
The KOO Supernova Sunglasses come in a variety of VLT percentages. The higher the VLT percentage is, the lighter the lens tint will be. Higher VLT percentage lenses will allow for more light to travel through the lens and a lower VLT percentage will have a darker tint and will block more light.
Here is a list of VLT percentages for the various Supernova lens colors:
- Black Matte / Green (Green Mirror Lenses) VLT - 23%
- Black Matte / Silver (Silver Mirror Lenses) VLT - 11%
- Blue Matte / Turquoise (Turquoise Lenses) VLT - 11%
- White / Red (Red Mirror Lenses) VLT - 23%
- White / Turquoise (Turquoise Lenses) VLT - 11%
- Yellow Fluo / Red (Red Mirror Lenses) VLT - 23%
- Ultra-lightweight at only 21 grams
- Frameless single lens
- Nylon toric lens by Zeiss®
- Shatter-proof, anti-reflective and 100% UV Protection
- High temple flexibility and breaking resistance
- Superior field of vision
- Interchangeable nose pad
- Uniform Multilayer Mirror coating
- Hydrophobic technology anti-drop
- Asian nose bridge included in the packaging
B-Stock - This product has one or more B-Stock units available. These units can be purchased at a discount (see option select). B-Stock units were returned from other customers and may have missing or damaged packaging materials. These units are otherwise as new. The full manufacturer warranty applies. Click Here for more information.
White/Turquoise - Turquoise Lenses
Mfg PartNum: OEY00007.699
Black Matte/Green - Green Mirror Lenses
Mfg PartNum: OEY00007.616
Black Matte - Photochromic Lenses
Mfg PartNum: OEY00007.944
I was looking for a lightweight, photochromatic sunglass with a little more coverage than my Julboï¿½s. I settled on these given the Zeiss lense. And while I like the slightly larger wrap-around that gives me more eye protection, Iï¿½m dissappointed with how quickly the lense changes from light to dark. It is a rose color - as pictured - when you take them out of the case. But as soon as there is any light they darken (dark grey color). Iï¿½ve only used them once on a dawn patrol climb where they stayed light for any period of time. They seem to darken as soon as there is any sunlight present - including on cloudy days. My Julbo lenses are superior for this. But the Koos lense itself has good optics and no distortion. And for full on sun, they are nice. But my go-to remains Julbo reactiv lenses and the Koos will see limited usage.