The revolutionary development of Gore-Tex Active jackets with Shakedry™ product Technology has brought increased protection and breathability to road cyclists. Gore® Wear has continued to innovate with the development of the Gore C5 Shakedry 1985 Insulated Jacket. Using Polartec® Alpha® insulation in combination with Shakedry has produced a jacket almost as breathable and waterproof as existing Shakedry jackets, but with the added warmth of the highly technical insulation layer. Gore Wear carefully selected the Polartec Alpha fabric because of its packability and fast drying time, creating warmth without weight. It has exceptional breathability and compressibility due high loft fibers in a low-density knit.
Designed for high aerobic sports, the goal of the jacket was to provide manageable warmth during strenuous exercise. During an activity, continuous movement of sweat away from the skin is needed to keep an athlete warm and comfortable. Polartec Alpha and Gore-Tex Shakedry work together to accomplish this wicking. Due to the persistent beading surface of Shakedry, the jacket never wets-out and therefore never compromises breathability. This consistency in all weather conditions makes the jacket more reliable for the athlete, meaning you can wear it for longer periods of time, and in a wider range of weather.
- Gore-Tex Active with Shakedry™ product technology.
- Polartec® Alpha insulation protects against cold, wet conditions while offering maximum breathability.
- Shakedry surface allows water to bead quickly and easily, so a few quick flaps shake it dry.
- Adjustable collar with hook-and-loop closure for optimum fit and protection.
- Rear zippered stow pocket.
- Elastic cuffs and partially elastic hem.
- 2-way front zipper with reinforced hem for easy closure.
- Reflective logo and print.
Ordered by Most Relevant First
Ive worn this in 35 high 40 degree weather. When you pair it with a merino base later, youre set. I love how light weight it is. I feel like its versatile enough for warmer weather. Its been a cold spring so havent been able to test that yet. Not much I dislike about this jacket. Maybe wish the zipper was higher quality. Thats the only criticism I can think of. Would buy again in a heartbeat.
Was this review useful to you? Yes
Thank you for your feedback.