Backorder: This item is currently out of stock but is available to purchase today as a backorder. The expected availability date shown above is our best estimate as to when it will be shipped to you, but this date is subject to change based on our receipt of this item from its vendor. Shipping in the continental US is free for all backorder items (for international orders, our customer service team will contact you when the item is available to ship). Your credit card will not be charged until your item ships (Paypal requires payment up front, but you can cancel for full refund). Anytime prior to shipment, your backorder can be cancelled by contacting our customer service team.
The Next Generation Of Garmin Head Units Has Arrived
Never stop cycling with the Garmin Edge 1040. It's Garmin's first model with multi-band GNSS technology for even better coverage under dense tree cover, on remote mountain trails and even in the city between tall buildings. It's also packed with performance features that help you understand your strengths and weaknesses to coach you through any challenge. When paired with compatible sensors, it can even help you manage your efforts by providing power targets throughout a route or workout and stamina feature insights, so you know how much gas is left in the tank. And the setup is simple, so you can take it out of the box and be out riding in no time.
- Superior navigation, planning and performance tracking, and smart connectivity
- Multi-band GNSS technology that provides enhanced positioning accuracy
- Easily access routes, tools and data fields from the device or a paired smartphone
- Power Guide recommends course-specific power targets when paired w/ sensors
- Stay on top of your training program with prompts to complete missed workouts
- Ride type-specific maps highlight popular roads and trails
- Ride like a local with searchable points of interest
- Connect with your favorite platforms, including Strava, Komoot, TrainingPeaks and more
- Up to 35 hours of battery life under demanding use, up to 70 hours in battery save mode
- Includes Edge 1040, flush mount, standard mount, tether, USB-A to USB-C cable
- 2.3" x 4.6" display
- Lithium Ion battery
- 32 GB internal memory
- Unit weight: 126g
B-Stock - This product has one or more B-Stock units available. These units can be purchased at a discount (see option select). B-Stock units were returned from other customers and may have missing or damaged packaging materials. These units are otherwise as new. The full manufacturer warranty applies. Click Here for more information.
This product ships signature required.
Ordered by Most Relevant First
by Pinarello cyclist
I have been a long time user of Garmin computers, and just upgraded from the Edge 1030. I've done one ride, and here are my first impressions:
1. Battery life seems to be better. This matters a lot to me as I'll do 3 - 5 hour rides with linkage to my phone and I hate worrying about having the battery die. I did a 3.5 hour ride today, high brightness and connected to the phone and only used 30%. Other than if I would do Unbound XL (not happening), I see no reason I'd worry about battery life
2. Weight: Technically this weighs a few grams more than the 1030. Didn't seem to slow me down
3. Screens/Font: This is perhaps the greatest improvement I've observed so far. Much clearer font - just everything seems easier to read
4. Easier to load routes: I don't know why, but from Garmin Connect it just seemed easier to move my routes (created in Strava) to the device.
5. Home Screen is an improvement. This probably is personal preference, but I think this is better.
I've not tested all of the features, but I'm sure there are some I will eventually use. So, if you just like having the latest and greatest for your bike, this is worth getting. If an earlier version is working for you, especially a 1030 or 1000, the new features may not give you enough reason to spend the money.
Was this review useful to you? Yes
Thank you for your feedback.
Articles will open in new tab.
A guide to selecting cycling computers.