A Saddle For The (Rough) Roads Ahead
The Fizik Terra Argo X1 is a versatile short nose saddle specific for gravel with a combination of a ride-compliant, carbon reinforced nylon shell and a highly stiff carbon rail.
Where a traditional saddle shape encourages riders to shift their position frequently for better leverage, the Argo puts riders in a more planted position, making for greater stability and better weight distribution. The Terra Argo's short length allows riders to sit further forward without placing undue pressure on sensitive areas. It also features an ergonomic cut-out that was developed using detailed pressure analysis and input from medical experts.
The Argo is Fizik's most versatile saddle shape, with each version suited to different riding styles. As the gravel-specific option, the Terra Argo has been engineered with a compliant shell to offer a certain degree of flexibility. This controlled elasticity absorbs road chatter and vibrations, delivering the comfort needed for long distance riding over unpaved roads.
Stability & Responsiveness
To better support the Terra Argo's flexible shell, we used our closed-loop Mobius rail system for increased structural stability and responsiveness. The Terra Argo features a waved profile to provide the lower-back support necessary for long rides and to help riders hold their position while climbing on loose terrain. The same goes for the dropped-nose design which allows riders to rotate their pelvis while pushing forward on the nose for better traction and power transfer.
The padding is made from Fizik's proprietary Type-2 foam formulation, slightly thicker around the ischial sit bones area to support a more upright riding posture. The cushioning is slightly softer and more progressive than the type used on racing saddles, providing more long-distance comfort.
- Argo: versatile short-nose saddle that encourages stability and relieves pressure on sensitive areas
- X1: a combination of a ride-compliant carbon reinforced nylon shell and carbon rail
- Mobius Rail: Closed loop design for added strength and weight distribution
- Wingflex: The shell's side edges flex and adapt to a rider's inner leg movement
- Type 2 foam: Progressive cushioning, with a lower compression modulus
- Terra: All-terrain series designed to take you beyond your boundaries
- Intended use: Gravel
- Concepts: This is a product of the fizik Concepts programme, a cross-disciplinary collaboration of leading industry experts and academics carrying out research and analysis on technology, design, physiology and bike-fitting in search of ways to improve cycling performance.
- Length: 270 mm
- Weight: 215/219 g
- Rail: 7x9 mm
B-Stock - This product has one or more B-Stock units available. These units can be purchased at a discount (see option select). B-Stock units were returned from other customers and may have missing or damaged packaging materials. Saddle rails may have minor scratches. These units are otherwise as new. The full manufacturer warranty applies. Click Here for more information.
The product weight specified is an approximate weight based on the manufacturer's specifications (if available) or our measurement of one or two examples. For most products, the weight will typically vary by 5% to 10%.
Articles will open in new tab.