33 of 34 customers found this review helpful.
Roadie here I bought the Padrone because it has the same features as the Strada RD300W, minus the pace arrow, on an easier to read screen, for less money. Setup went smoothly and the mounting hardware is all top notch quality. The unit size is large enough that I believe it might be a little clunky mounted on the handlebar, seems more in its element on the stem or with out front accessory. I have it mounted on the stem and it looks great. The sensor can be mounted on the right side of the fork facing backward (not recommended, as it would be sucked into the spokes should it be knocked inward) or the left half of the folk facing forward. Magnet has stayed in place so far with bladed spokes. Sensor size is average.
Other than its perceived quality and doing what any no-frills computer is supposed to do, some specific pros
- Mounting system (but would be nice to provide two extra zip ties)
- Unit clicks into its mount very securely.
- No delay as you're scrolling through the unit's basic functions (this is a complaint in one Strada review)
My two complaints
- Padrone is single touch, glove friendly operation. The button on the back of the unit is activated by pressing the lower edge of the unit, rocking it on its mount and depressing the button you cannot see. This is great, except that I accidentally reset my trip data three times on my first ride. You may not realize it, but when you're off your bike making a pit stop, the stem is often what you grab to walk/hold your bike. I reset it twice off the bike and once while riding. I would love if they added a hold switch to the side so that two things need to happen for data to be lost.
- Yes the screen is considerably larger than your average basic computer, but, in operation, there's a considerable amount of screen space that is wasted. Padrone form factor with ANT capability would be sweet.
- The odometer will reset when you replace the battery, but there is a way to manually enter a desired odometer reading after the new battery is installed.
- 2 yr warranty
- Sensor range is advertised as 70 cm
- I have not ridden enough to judge its susceptibility to interference.
Thank you for your feedback.