The Assos Cento has become synonymous with long-distance comfort and the Cento EVO represents the latest iteration of this staple by taking the fully loaded bib short a step further with an updated chamois and refinements throughout.
Assos began with the same Type.439 textile used in the original Cento for the main panels due to its incredible comfort against the skin. With two different rates of four-way stretch, it also delivers a nice, compressive hold for a smooth, supportive wrap along the thighs. This proprietary fabric provides exceptional breathability, and it rapidly transfers moisture to its quick-drying outer surface. As with the original Cento, the fit is a touch more generous around the lower abdominals than their race fit options. New for this short is the addition of the raw-cut zeroWaist material to ensure a smooth and comfortable hold on a variety of body types. The back panel is constructed using their acclaimed Y7 Frame Carrier design and Stabilizator mesh, resulting in a flat, stable structure that disappears between the shoulder blades for a smooth, supportive hold. The Cento EVO shorts feature the new black CENTO EVO chamois, featuring 10mm of plush memory foam and kukuPenthouse microfiber for dependable comfort and support on every ride.
Features & Specs:
- Type.439 Diadema fabric has two different rates of 4-way stretch.
- CENTO S7 EVO chamois with CENTO elastic interface featuring 10mm of memory foam for the perfect blend of comfort and performance.
- Patented, three-layer perforated chamois construction that increases breathability and eliminates excess weight.
- kukuPenthouse: A soft, brushed microfiber layer added to the front part of the chamois that supports the male anatomy, eliminates pressure, and increases ventilation.
- Y7 Frame Carrier Bib Tech features wide, flexible bib straps that converge at the upper back in a Y-shape design, resulting in a flat, stable structure that disappears between the shoulder blades.
- Ultralight Leg Grippers constructed from a light silicon treatment woven into the leg bands, which reduces fabric bulk and secures the shorts in place without any excessive pressure.
- zeroWaist: A raw-cut, tape-reinforced edge for the smoothest transition possible between the body and fabric panel. More comfort with less pressure.
- Reflective Bands on the backs of the thighs for added visibility.
- regularFit: Optimized for total comfort in the riding position, with a more relaxed cut than the Assos second-skin racingFit.
- All day comfort
Free Exchanges: This product qualifies for free exchanges within the first 60 days after order. We'll cover the shipping both ways for US customers if you need a different size and/or color of this product. Returned product must be in new condition with all labels and packaging. Free exchanges apply only for product in stock or available for backorder.
Ordered by Most Relevant First
Seattle and Geneva, CH
3 of 3 customers found this review helpful.
Great bibs and an improvement over the prior model
I have been wearing Cento bibs exclusively for several years now. The cento bibs have the most padding, 10 mm rather than 8, of any Assos model which I prefer. Also the straps on the Cento model are particularly wide and comfortable. The evo are a noticeable improvement over the s7. The front kudu pocket is a lycra type material rather than fabric, the padding is black and the straps even better than the s7, which themselves were excellent wide and comfortable. Note that the sizing is based on height and not weight or waist size. The bibs fit better if not bought larger than recommended, the padding will seat, position better. I'm 5'7 and medium is the recommend size for me and fits me better than large (which I also own). Although the s7 are still being sold and are a bit cheaper, I feel the evo are worth the additional cost. When Assos makes improvements, the improvements address technical issues and are not simply cosmetic marketing.
Was this review useful to you? Yes
Thank you for your feedback.