19 of 19 customers found this review helpful.
I just put these bad boys (25mm width) on three weeks ago and have about 370 miles on them thus far. Paired with latex tubes. I highly recommend latex for those who haven't tried them, especially with this tire. The ride quality is superior and I can't imagine running butyl with this tire.
So far, I'm wowed by these tires, and there are not many products that wow me. I've only ridden Conti GP4000s tires prior to these, so unfortunately, that's my only comparison. Really good tires as well, but in my results, the Veloflex Corsa beats it in all categories.
- Roll super fast and get up to speed quickly and easily maintains speed
- Descends and corners exceptionally well, even in wet conditions. Amazing grip. This is where the tire is far superior to the Conti. Not even a close comparison. I personally did not like the feel of the Conti tires in the corners, and I spend a lot of time climbing and descending.
- Durability I was initially concerned about the durability of these tires, due to other reviews. However, after 370 miles, both front and rear tires still look brand new with no signs of wear. I live in San Francisco - the roads in the area suck big time - potholes, cracks, choppy, glass, rocks, etc. I've had no issues (knock on wood).
- Incredibly smooth ride paired with the latex tubes. I run these at the same PSI as I did with the Conti - 100-105 in the rear, 95 in the front. I'm a male 140lbs.
- Installation The tires were fairly straight forward to install. I was able to install them on my 23mm wide HED Belgium C2 rims with only my hands and a little muscle. Certainly a little tighter than the Conti's, but I didn't experience the difficulties installing as some other reviewers noted.
- Light weight
Overall, I'm highly impressed with these tires and hope they continue to deliver as the miles add up. Give them a shot!
Thank you for your feedback.