Thomson Enters The Carbon Dirt Drop Game
The Thomson Carbon Gravel Drop bar is arguably one of the nicest flared gravel bars on the market. Thomson's first foray into carbon handlebars, this featherweight flared dirt drop is designed, built, and tested to the same aerospace-grade standards as its aluminum componentry.
The bars are made using Nano Epoxy Resin for very high impact resistance, and they are made in one piece -- not three pieces co-molded and glued together. An EPS mandrel is used during the layup and molding process to avoid internal wrinkles. For added strength, 1.5K woven impact ends prevent damage to the uni-directional fibers during impact.
- A flared carbon fiber drop bar for multi-surface adventuring and racing
- Flared drops improve control and comfort across gravel landscapes
- Ergonomic shape allows a variety of hand positions
- Featherweight Nano Epoxy Resin carbon construction
- 25 degree flare at drops still allows for comfortable shifter/brake lever location at the hoods
- 105mm of reach
- 130mm of drop
- 31.8 diameter
- Intended use: gravel, adventure
- Available in 44 and 46mm widths
- Weight: 270g (44)
B-Stock - This product has one or more B-Stock units available. These units can be purchased at a discount (see option select). B-Stock units were returned from other customers and may have missing or damaged packaging materials. These units are otherwise as new. The full manufacturer warranty applies. Click Here for more information.
The product weight specified is an approximate weight based on the manufacturer's specifications (if available) or our measurement of one or two examples. For most products, the weight will typically vary by 5% to 10%.
Articles will open in new tab.
An introduction to selecting the proper road bike handlebars.