City, Cyclocross and Cobble Comfort Approved Bar Tape.
Silca Nastro Cuscino Handlebar Tape is for the cyclist looking for the most comfortable bar tape to help conquer cobbles, gravel, CX, rain, and rough conditions. Developed by Silca, it is optimal for cyclists experiencing sore or numb hands or are frustrated with slippery bar tapes in rainy or sweaty conditions.
A Tri-Laminate 3.75 mm thick tape that provides cushioning and comfort equivalent to 5 mm of traditional bar tape foam, Cuscino has a strong texture, medium-high tackiness, and printed silicone graphics which adds comfort and grip in both wet and dusty conditions.
Inspired by advancements in running shoe foam and F1 tires as well as the brand's research into rolling efficiency, impedance, and damping, Silca realized that new materials technology could allow for a significant improvement in bar tape.
Using a laminate of SILCAthane, SILCAlon and 3M Visco-elastic adhesive instead of a single foam extrusion, the tape can be optimized across a range of desired features. The resulting tape has a softer, more comfortable feel, higher wet and dry grip, better vibration isolation, and 3-5x the durability of existing tape materials.
Since the actual wrap of the tape can be as important as the tape itself, they've also developed a full adhesive-backed "butterfly" to better cover the back of the lever clamp area without adding bulk, a high grip finishing tape and expanding aluminum/composite end plugs to ensure every detail is perfect.
- Ultra Performance 3.75mm thick Tri-Laminate design delivers equivalent cushioning to 5.0mm tapes of traditional materials
- SILCAlon (2-Hour Marathon Shoe foam) offers greater cushioning and 3-5x more rebound for improved performance over rough surfaces
- Debossed racing stripe pattern plus embossed color silicone printing for improved grip and cushioning
- Laser Engraved Aluminum expanding bar-end plug
- TPU finishing tape with full 3M adhesive
- Butterfly shaped brake clamp cover