In Mountain bike riding, trail conditions change drastically from one second to the next, from one turn to the next. Mountain bikers need to be able to seamlessly perceive the conditions, judge their options, and operate their bike in a split second. XTR satisfies the needs of the most demanding riders by providing the highest level of precision and integration. Shimano refocused on the original goal of XTR - to be the ultimate race components. The M9100 brakes have been retuned for better modulation with less abrupt action by incorporating more of a linear feel as the lever is brought to maximum power. The lever clamp has been moved inboard by 25mm which allows room to insert a dropper lever or suspension control between the brake clamp and the grip. There is also now a new I-SPEC EV direct-mount interface option as well. The new I-SPEC EV interface is not backwards compatible. The new generation of XTR brakes come in two variations; XC (BR-M9100) and Enduro (BR-M9120).
Enduro Version Specs:
- 4-cylinder caliper construction
- Aluminum actuation lever
- Only option which contains Servo-Wave device delivering the same stopping power as Saint DH brakes
- Tuned for faster engagement and shorter free-stroke
- New, smaller brake pad with reduced cooling fin which is backward compatible with Saint pads.
- Claimed 277 grams (lever, hose & caliper)