Shimano's Ultimate Wintertime Metallic Pad
Cooler brakes stop more reliably, and Shimano's Flat Mount L04C Metallic Ice-Tech Disc Brake Pads use both cooling Ice Technology and a metal construction to provide the highest all-around stopping power in Shimano's line.
On their own, metallics are reliably effective in wet or dry conditions, lasting easily twice as long as their resin counterparts. The pads' Ice Tech distinction refers to an additional radiation fin pad, made with an aluminum and stainless steel fin that improves the pads' ability to stay cool under hard braking.
If you're running Shimano hydraulic disc brakes on your road or gravel bike and want a go-to wintertime pad for wet, muddy and gritty conditions. This is the one.
- Brake pads for consistent stopping power, even in the heat
- Ice technology helps dissipate heat to keep braking power up
- Metallic compound for reliable stopping in wet or dry
- Radiation fin pad moves heat outwards to keep pads cool
- Replaces any K or L series Shimano pad
- Compatible with Dura-Ace, Ultegra, 105, Tiagra, GRX, and flat mount Deore XT, and SLX brake systems.
- Aluminum, stainless steel compound
- Sold as a set for one brake. Buy two sets to complete both front and rear brakes
- Intended use: road, gravel, cyclocross
- Weight: 26g
B-Stock - This product has one or more B-Stock units available. These units can be purchased at a discount (see option select). B-Stock units were returned from other customers and may have missing or damaged packaging materials. These units are otherwise as new. The full manufacturer warranty applies. Click Here for more information.
* Due to limited availability of this product, we are limiting the quantity per customer to 6 units to allow more of our customers to purchase this product. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Brake Pad Type: Disc
Brake Type: Disc
Mfg PartNum: IBPL04CMFA
After getting 1,000 miles on the resin pads that came with my Ultegra calipers, I decided to try the metal pads. After my first ride, I knew I'd never go back to resin pads again. I spent a lot of time to make sure they were installed correctly and centered. I have zero issues with noise and feel that my stopping power is phenomenal. I mostly ride in dry, high altitude conditions and have not tried them in the rain yet, but I'm very pleased with these pads and hope they last longer than my set of resin ones.
On my second pair of these pads and don't really have any complaints. One issue I did have was when the shop replaced my front RT-99 rotor with the cheaper RT-81 rotor. This resulted in a ton of noise and squeaks when braking. Switched back to RT-99 rotor and problems went away.
These are great brake pads but I feel that after moderate use they get squeaky from heat. I would still buy again but squeaky brake pads are annoying.