The Rolf Prima Ares4 Disc Carbon Wheelset is designed to cut through the wind on its way to victory. Combining wind-cutting paired spoke technology and Rolf's Delta rim profile, this disc brake-compatible wheelset provides feather light aerodynamics and responsiveness.
At 42mm of depth, the carbon fiber rim is firmly in the mid-profile realm, but provides aerodynamics comparable to much deeper wheels on the market. With an external width of 26mm, the Ares4 offers an optimal pairing with the day's wider road tires for improved handling and aerodynamics.
With Rolf Prima's XST5.5 hubset, this version of the Ares4 is compatible with Center Lock Disc rotors for all-season, all-condition braking. Inside, Enduro's Zer0 Ceramic Bearings keep the hubset spinning effortlessly. New for 2018, Rolf Prima's T2 High Engagement drive mechanism for even faster engagement.
The Rolf Prima Ares4 Disc Carbon Clincher Wheelset includes rim strips, valve extender, and QR set when applicable.
- Built in the USA.
- An ideal all-around wheel for triathlon or road racing or training.
- 42mm deep carbon fiber rim.
- Center Lock Disc-compatible hubset provides all season, all condition braking.
- Claimed weight: 1,495g wheelset.
- Also available with rim brake-compatible TdF5.5 hubs.
- Rim Material: Carbon fiber.
- Wheel Size: 700c.
- Tire Type: Clincher.
- Rim Depth: 42mm.
- Rim Width: 17mm (internal), 26mm (external).
- Brake Compatibility: Disc, Center Lock rotors.
- Hubs: XST5.5 (Center Lock) w/ T2 High Engagement & Enduro Zer0 Ceramic Bearings.
- Front Axle: Quick release.
- Rear Axle: Quick release.
- Spokes: Sapim Bladed CX-Ray.
- Spoke Count: 20 front and rear.
- Claimed Weight: 690g front, 805g rear, 1,495g set.
- Manufacturer Warranty: 5 years.
This product ships signature required.
A guide to clincher and tubular bicycle wheels.