Backorder: This item is currently not in stock but is available to purchase today as a backorder. The expected availability date shown above is our best estimate as to when it will be shipped to you, but this date is subject to change based on our receipt of this item from its vendor. Shipping in the continental US is free for all backorder items (for international orders, our customer service team will contact you when the item is available to ship). Your credit card will not be charged until your item ships (Paypal requires payment up front, but you can cancel for full refund). Anytime prior to shipment, your backorder can be cancelled by contacting our customer service team.
The Park Tool BKD-1.2 Hydraulic Brake Bleed Kit will bleed most models of DOT fluid-based hydraulic disc brakes, including models made by SRAM®, Formula®, Hayes®, and Hope®. Bleeding of hydraulic brakes removes air bubbles and contaminants from the braking system, for long-lasting components and peak performance.
The BKD-1.2 is built for the rigors of daily commercial use, and includes two syringes, hoses with shutoff clips, multi-size bleed blocks and a set of our unique mountable syringe holders, as well as multiple hose fittings to fit the multiple standards found on hydraulic bicycle brake systems. Every part is replaceable and available from Park Tool. Housed in a rugged storage case.
- Two 20 mL syringes
- Two hose assemblies with shutoff clips
- Two 10 mm/12 mm universal bleed blocks
- Two 11 mm bleed blocks for Hayes® systems
- Two adjustable syringe holders
- M5 x 0.8 adapters— SRAM® (x2)
- M6 x 1.0 adapter— universal (x2)
- Bleeding Edge-specific fitting — SRAM®
- Hose compression sleeve — universal
- Set of spare O-rings and hose
- Replacement parts available
- Brake fluid not included
- NOTE: The BKD-1.2 is for DOT fluid-based hydraulic bicycle brake systems only. DOT fluid and mineral oil should never be mixed in the brake system or in their respective service tools. Cross-contamination of brake fluid may cause seal failure which may result in brake failure. For mineral oil brake systems use the Park Tool BKM-1.2 Hydraulic Brake Bleed Kit — Mineral Oil.
B-Stock - This product has one or more B-Stock units available. These units can be purchased at a discount (see option select). B-Stock units were returned from other customers and may have missing or damaged packaging materials. These units are otherwise as new. The full manufacturer warranty applies. Click Here for more information.
Articles will open in new tab.
Q & A with home mechanic Tommy Tuite.