15 of 15 customers found this review helpful.
Expensive but awesome.
- High quality. I am really impressed with how the light's build feels.
- It is surprisingly small. I have a Planet Bike headlight mounted next to it and the L&M isn't much bigger.
- Great light spread. It is great for commuting to be able to see debris and also light up the sides of the road for more visibility. Being seen AND being able to SEE what is on the road, especially at speed is very nice.
- The USB port cover is easy to remove but not too easy. It won't come off unexpectedly. And if it did, it is attached to the light.
- Race mode is great. LowHigh are the two settings I use 99% of the time. Being able to switch between them is perfect.
- Battery life seems good so far.
- Cars seem to see me much more easily (e.g. People don't back out of their driveways) and I feel like I've had fewer conflicts at intersections, I think because people can in cars can see me without trying.
- I've already contact L&M customer service because a piece was missing in the box. They were immediately helpful.
- My only complaint is the non-user replaceable battery. I have to hope that getting it replaced at a later date isn't difficult or expensive.
- Slightly fiddly mount. You can definitely make it stable but I am used to fixed mounts so it i something I am getting used to.
- Moderate throw. For exclusive trail riding there may be better lights.
- I feel like a slight tool for having such a bright light (now I am THAT guy). I try and only use the 1200 level when I really need it and make sure it is angled appropriately to not blind people. Low (300 lumens) is fine for most situations where there is street lighting.
- Exposure lights have similar models at a similar price point but the beam pattern is more of a spot. I found the Taz's pattern better for my needs. One bonus for the Exposure lights You can hook up an external battery in a pinch.
If you want to light up the road for commutes and don't want an external battery, I think the Taz is a great choice if you can handle the price.
Thank you for your feedback.