I put these tires on my Salsa Fargo 29er. This is the second pair of Schwalbe Marathon Supreme I have purchased. I ride 3 or 4 times a week on various surfaces including pavement, and single track trails. Over 3 years of use, I only had 2 flats. Compared to more typically 1 or 2 flats per month using various other tires.It's not just a great tire, I consider this one of the best consumer products I have ever purchased.
- Excellent puncture resistance over thousands of miles. I only had one flat due to a pinch flat over a seam in the pavement.
- Great wear resistance, again over thousands of miles before they need to be replaced.
- Decent-ish performance on dirt.
- Excellent (low) rolling resistance.
- Super grippy on paved roads.
- I had a sidewall failure on the front tire after about 1.5 years of constant use. A tear and bulge started to develop. This is not cool.
$ bucks for one tire? I wouldnt expect sidewall failures for that price!
- Another annoying feature of this tire is that the 2015 version has a tread pattern that is noisy and makes the bike vibrate. It supposedly channels water away, but it has an unfortunate side effect.
Overall I was pleased with the tires, but I'll opt for the cheaper and more durable marathons in the future. They're less noisy and perform better off-road.
Had these on a Spot Highline and moved them over to my new Surly Ogre. The tire is perfect. I have this same model (though skinny) on my LHT. It's supple and durable. No issues with this model on tour and as a commuter in rainy Oregon it has performed flawlessly. Very confidence inspiring. I wish they made a 2.3, but the 2 offers plenty of cushion when run at low pressure.
Mounted a set of these on my Surly Ogre that I am using as a commuter grocery getter. Really pleased with these. Low rolling resistance, tough as nails and seem to have good traction. Also like the reflective sidewall a lot. No flats at all as of yet, Have pulled several goat heads out that did not penetrate. I am seriously thinking about going with Schwalbe Ultremo tubeless tires on my racing bike as well after using these. Great tire.
I needed tires for paved bike trail riding for my Talon 29er, the Kenda small blocks work great off road, but these are far superior on pavement. No flats to deal with!
Use these tires on my MTB which I ride city or road mostly ,low rolling resistance no flats so far and that because I am running these tubless on a set of roval 29er rims