The new 8-Bit System is a group of multi-tools designed to work together
The new 8-Bit System is a group of multi-tools designed to work together to solve most trailside fixes to keep you rolling to the trailhead or next town. They are lightweight, strong, versatile, and small enough to fit in a jersey pocket or riding tool wrap. The three neatly nest together using magnets and clever machining for compact storage.
8-BIT PACK PLIERS MULTI-TOOL has 17 functions. On one end of the multi-tool, an 8mm hex swivel head serves as a driver for the bits that are stored inside: flat head #3.5 and phillips #2 screwdriver bits; 2, 2.5, 3, 4, 5, and 6mm hex; and T10 and T25 Torx-compatible bits. A spoke wrench and valve core wrench are stored on the back and a rasp is on the inside of the upper handle for clearing sealant from valve stems. On the other end of the multi-tool, pliers for master link installation/removal and tightening/loosening of valve stem nuts.
8-BIT TIRE LEVER + RIM DENT REMOVER MULTI-TOOL has two functions. A slender, ergonomic plastic tire lever is on one end opposite of a machined aluminum rim dent remover. The tire lever will work with all tubed and tubeless tires, while the rim dent remover is compatible with all metal rims.
8-BIT CHAINBREAKER + UTILITY KNIFE MULTI-TOOL has three functions. It has a chainbreaker on one end and a retractable utility blade on the other. The chain tool is operated by an included 3mm hex L key that doubles as a tire plug inserter. A machined slot fits the L key and converts the entire multi-tool into a tire plug inserter, with the forked end of the L key extending outward. The handles of this multi-tool slide open to provide storage for tire plug inserts, a valve core, and a spare mini utility blade.
- Precision-machined construction
- Lightweight and compact design
- Three individual, magnetically-nested multi-tools
- Each multi-tool can be paired with any other multi-tool or both
- Sold separately and in this group of three
- All existing 8-Bit Pack Pliers are compatible with the two new 8-Bit System multi-tools
- 8-Bit system includes pliers tool, tire lever + rim tool and chainbreaker/knife tool
- Pliers tool features hex and torx driver and bits, spoke wrench and valve core tool
- Pliers easily installs and removes master links and valve stem nuts
- Tire lever is compatible with tubed and tubeless tire systems
- Dent remover works with all metal-based rims
- Chainbreaker tool doubles as a utility knife
- Chainbreaker also features tubeless tire plug inserter and storage for plug inserts, spare utility blade and valve core
- 7075-T6 aluminum handles, CrV tool steel swivel head, S2 tool steel bits
- High-strength nylon composite tire lever
- 8-Bit Kit One dimensions: 146 x 20 x 28mm
- 8-Bit Chainbreaker + Utility knife Multi-tool: 146 x 20 x 11mm
- Tire Lever + Rim Dent Remover Multi-tool: 146 x 20 x 8mm
- 8-Bit Pack Pliers: 146 x 20 x 9mm
- Total weight: 171g
B-Stock - This product has one or more B-Stock units available. These units can be purchased at a discount (see option select). B-Stock units were returned from other customers and may have missing or damaged packaging materials. These units are otherwise as new. The full manufacturer warranty applies. Click Here for more information.
Articles will open in new tab.
Q & A with home mechanic Tommy Tuite.