The cutting edge Yaw technology perfected with SRAM Red is now available in Force 22, giving riders the freedom to shift with incredible speed into either chainring, with no trim and no chain rub.
The Yaw™ rotating front derailleur cage was just one more elegant solution to a problem that plagued drivetrains for decades. Instead of multiple shifts using trim, with confusing microshifts, the SRAM Force 22 Yaw™ Front Derailleur actually rotates to maintain a consistent angular relationship with the chain. As a result, shifts feel more direct, more precise, system that works as one with the chain, cransket and chainrings.
The SRAM Force 22 Front Derailleur is compatible with SRAM Force 22 and Red 22 chains and cranksets. It's claimed weight is 79 grams.
- Yaw™ cage rotates in line with chain, improving the shifting speed and precision while eliminating the need for shifter trim
- TRUE 22 – twenty-two usable gears in all gear combinations with no rub
- Slim spring design eliminates frame interference
- Durable, light, fast, precise and optimized to work with X Glide R™ chainrings
- Precision alignment markings
- Integrated chain spotter protects your frame, installs and adjusts independently of the derailleur itself
Ordered by Most Relevant First
3 of 4 customers found this review helpful.
compatible with 10 speed Rival
I bought this primarily for the chain catcher. My 10 speed Rival front derailleur had a propensity to drop the chain on the downshift. The new Force 22 is totally compatible with the rest of my 10 speed set up. However, I still need to use the trim function on the shifter to avoid chain rub. The YAW technology does not solve that issue, at least not worth my set up. The shifting is much lighter and smoother. Well worth the upgrade.
Was this review useful to you? Yes
Thank you for your feedback.