Years of experience riding through cold, wet and nasty weather have informed the design behind Shimano’s SH–MW701 shoe. Featuring a waterproof GORE–TEX insulated comfort liner, the SH–MW701 offers an excellent step up in inclement weather protection. Shimano has used a high ankle design that integrates a cuff cover with a lace–shield made out of tough, synthetic leather designed to keep the weather out. Underneath the lace–shield, a Boa® L6 dial has been used for quick and precise micro–adjustments to keep the boot snug. The tough, rubber outsole has aggressive tread to keep you stable off the bike. A stiff but non-restrictive sole keeps power transfer more efficient than a regular boot. Fleece lining keeps the boots cozy while 360–degree reflective elements keep you visible and safe when the light is less than ideal.
Features & Specs:
- Great for cold and wet weather.
- Classic recessed SPD cleat attachment.
- Waterproof GORE-TEX Insulated Comfort liner for maximum comfort.
- Integrated lace–shield design with high cuff cover construction.
- Boa® L6 dial for quick and precise micro–adjustment.
- MICHELIN® high–performance, dual–density rubber outsole offers superior traction with unmatched durability, stability, and slip resistance.
- Glass fiber infused nylon sole.
- 360-degree reflectivity for high visibility.
- Fleece-lined insole for added insulation and heat retention.
- Claimed weight; 480g (size 42)
Free Exchanges: This product qualifies for free exchanges within the first 60 days after order. We'll cover the shipping both ways for US customers if you need a different size and/or color of this product. Returned product must be in new condition with all labels and packaging. Free exchanges apply only for product in stock or available for backorder.
Ordered by Most Relevant First
A Very Good Winter Bike Riding ShoeBoot
This is the second pair of the Shimano winter bike riding shoeboot that I have purchased. I loved the first pair and the second pair are awesome too! I replaced the original pair due to normal wear and tear. I commute daily via bike year-round and these are just what you need when the temperature goes below 40 degrees. I have ridden with these to -10 (yes, 10 below) with excellent results.
Was this review useful to you? Yes
Thank you for your feedback.
Articles will open in new tab.
How to choose the best cycling shoes for your riding style.
A guide to the highest quality cycling shoes from Sidi.