The Oakley ARO5 Race was designed for peak performance and maximum breathability on the road. With results in mind, ARO5 Race features an aerodynamic and ventilated design that significantly increases airflow throughout 19 ventilation ports.
Lighter than its predecessor, ARO5, ARO5 Race provides the advantage needed to overtake the pack. Combined with additional technical advancements in optics integration, comfort, and protection, ARO5 Race is ready to go fast.
- FIT: A BOA 360° fit system includes an adjustable dial that delivers a more secure fit and maximizes safety. Overall improvements to the shell shape ensure ARO5 Race sits lower on the head for better balance, while fitting more naturally to the contours of your head.
- LIGHTWEIGHT: ARO5 Race is lighter than its predecessor, the ARO5, achieved through a newly designed shell and other internal modifications.
- PROTECTION: The Mips® Air safety system is a helmet-integrated, low-friction layer designed to decrease rotational motion to the head, helping to reduce the harmful forces that might otherwise impact the rider's head.
- VENTILATION: ARO5 Race features newly designed front and top ventilation ports to significantly increase airflow and breathability. There are 19 vents in total across the top, side, and rear sections.
- LINING: The Ionic+™ Antimicrobial liner is sweat-activated, keeping things fresh, and odor under control.
- EYEWEAR STORAGE: Front vents provide riders with a go-to spot to easily stash their eyewear. Unobtainium® grippers hold eyewear stems in place, while cutouts in the foam on the interior of the helmet prevent the stems from injuring the wearer's head in case of impact, creating a simple and intuitive eyewear storage space for riders.
- DESIGN: ARO5 Race features a branding badge with an Iiridium® coating, mirroring the Prizm™ lens colors seen in Oakley eyewear. Each badge color is unique to the color of the helmet, with all celebrating Oakley's eyewear heritage.
- Helmet Travel Bag and Oakley Decal Included
- Small (52-56cm) / Medium (54-58cm) / Large (56-60cm)
B-Stock - This product has one or more B-Stock units available. These units can be purchased at a discount (see option select). B-Stock units were returned from other customers and may have missing or damaged packaging materials. These units are otherwise as new. The full manufacturer warranty applies. Click Here for more information.
Discount Codes are not applicable to Closeouts.
This product is NOT Eligible for VIP Points.
Matte Black - Small
Mfg PartNum: FOS900927-02KS
Matte Black - Medium
Mfg PartNum: FOS900927-02KM
Matte Black - Large
Mfg PartNum: FOS900927-02KL
Polished Whiteout - Small
Mfg PartNum: FOS900927-1ABS
Polished Whiteout - Medium
Mfg PartNum: FOS900927-1ABM
Polished Whiteout - Large
Mfg PartNum: FOS900927-1ABL
Dark Gray / Light Curry - Small
Mfg PartNum: FOS900927-26JS
Dark Gray / Light Curry - Medium
Mfg PartNum: FOS900927-26JM
Dark Gray / Light Curry - Large
Mfg PartNum: FOS900927-26JL
Light Gray / Lilac - Small
Mfg PartNum: FOS900927-28HS
Light Gray / Lilac - Medium
Mfg PartNum: FOS900927-28HM
Light Gray / Lilac - Large
Mfg PartNum: FOS900927-28HL
Poseidon - Small
Mfg PartNum: FOS900927-6A1S
Poseidon - Medium
Mfg PartNum: FOS900927-6A1M
Poseidon - Large
Mfg PartNum: FOS900927-6A1L
Fraktel / Retina / Black - Small
Mfg PartNum: FOS900927-5ACS
Fraktel / Retina / Black - Medium
Mfg PartNum: FOS900927-5ACM
Fraktel / Retina / Black - Large
Mfg PartNum: FOS900927-5ACL
I.C.E. / Black Reflective - Small
Mfg PartNum: FOS900927-09KS
I.C.E. / Black Reflective - Medium
Mfg PartNum: FOS900927-09KM
I.C.E. / Black Reflective - Large
Mfg PartNum: FOS900927-09KL
This helmet was extremely uncomfortable out of the box, had to turn around and head home after an hour due to the headache it gave me. The main issue is the sweat guard is really hard material and creates a lot of hot spots. I almost gave up on the helmet but I tried changing the sweat guard to a normal cloth padding from an old helmet and that fixed the issue. It's actually super comfortable and I'm really liking it. Looks good, fairly light, and the grippy glasses holder works well. Think Oakley needs to rethink the sweat guard though.
I had the previous version of this helmet and was excited to see they improved the air flow. Unfortunately there are a couple places the front pad mount to the helmet that hit right on my temples and make the helmet very uncomfortable wearing more than an hour.
Articles will open in new tab.