Nothing can hold you down when you lighten up with the Empire SLX. With pro-level performance, ridiculously lightweight construction and unrivaled comfort right out of the box, the Empire SLX lets you fly in first-class style. To make a minimalist shoe that retains the supportive structure of the legendary Empire while advancing the style, Giro started with a one-piece ultralight monofilament Synchwire mesh upper designed around a classic laced closure to fit and feel like a second skin. Thermal-welded Teijin® TPU adds structural support exactly where it' needed, and a high-modulus Easton® EC90 SLX2 carbon fiber outsole provides ultimate stiffness-to-weight for power transfer. Giro's adjustable Super Natural Fit footbed system is the final touch, allowing you to customize arch support right out of the box for luxurious comfort and optimal pedaling efficiency.
Features & Specs:
- Teijin® welded SL monofilament mesh with one-piece Synchwire upper
- Soft laced closure design with tubular-woven laces.
- Easton® EC90 SLX2 high-modulus carbon sole with stainless steel hardware.
- Replaceable heel pads.
- SuperNatural Fit Kit with adjustable arch support.
- XT2® anti-microbial fiber top sheet.
- 185 grams (per shoe, size 42.5)
- Men's Performance Fit sizing
Articles will open in new tab.
How to choose the best cycling shoes for your riding style.