ENVE's ultimate all-around wheelset has been even further refined with the 2017 ENVE SES 3.4 Carbon Clincher Wheelset. A holistic redesign of the rim profile has resulted in a 21 mm inner-width that's optimized for 25 mm tires and tubeless compatibility. In the pursuit of a balance between aero, rolling efficiency, and stability, the updated shape is 38 mm deep x 29.75 mm wide in the front and 42 mm deep x 29 mm wide in the back. They're also as much about braking as they are about acceleration and max speed, featuring an improved molded-in brake-track texture to give it 30% increased performance that stops equally well in the wet or the dry.
This version is laced to the revered Chris King R45 road hubs that use their signature RingDrive™ freehub mechanism for drag-free engagement and their in-house manufactured bearings that Chris King are so well known for.
- Tubeless ready
- Optimized for 25 mm tires
- Compatible with Shimano/SRAM 9/10/11-speed cassettes
- Includes: Tubeless valve stems and tape, valve extenders, rim strips, titanium skewers, and carbon-specific brake pads
- Front dimensions: 38 mm deep, 29.75 mm external width, 21 mm internal width
- Rear dimensions: 42 mm deep, 29 mm extern width, 21 mm internal width
- Spoke count: 20 front / 24 rear
- Rim weight: 432 g front / 439 g rear
- Wheel weight: 638 g front / 778 g rear / 1416 g total
- Built in Utah
This product ships signature required.
Ordered by Most Relevant First
Ft Lauderdale, Fl
1 of 1 customers found this review helpful.
The 25 mm tires when inflated to 6.5 bars rear and 5.5 bars front actually measure 28.5 mm. Because of this I can run these low pressures which make for a sublime ride. Frankly I have ben riding for 38 years and never have experienced this on any other road bike. Mind you that I am 6 feet tall and I weigh 190 lbs. I live in Florida where the winds are fierce and I have yet to notice any type of bobble with these wheels in a crosswind. How Enve accomplished that is just amazing. Finally these wheels just look so good on my all black Colnago C-60. Expensive yes but worth every penny. With the wonderful people at Bike Tires you even get amazing pricing on these wheels.
Was this review useful to you? Yes
Thank you for your feedback.
A guide to clincher and tubular bicycle wheels.