These Kenda's Standard Tubes are just perfect. Only a few grams heavier than the ultra light, they offer great protection, durability, and hold air better. At BikeTiresDirect.com the price was ridiculously low, customer service was impecable and delivery fast.
A fine, but nothing out of the ordinary, road tube. It sole claim to fame is that Kinda still offers them in sensibly length valve stems. Thus they look great with normal road rims.
Too many tire manufacturers have opted to produce tubes in longer length valve stems only. Great for the 5% of riders who actually use carbon areo racing rims. The remaining 95% of bike riders get stuck with tubes with ridiculously long valve stems. These unnecessarily long stems provide no benefit to the average rider. And, let's be honest. They look stupid on the vast majority of bicycle rims.
Because of dwindling choices in available presta road tubes (vis--vis stem length), you see these idiotic tall stems on bicycles every where these days. They are rapidly becoming the norm, unfortunately. Unnecessary, wasteful, and stupid looking.
Bravo to Kenda for continuing to produce a product for the majority of bike riders (not just the racer wantabes). Likewise to Bike Tires Direct.com for continuing to offer at least one tube that actually meets the needs of the majority of the bicycle riding public.
Its hard to find 80mm presta values tubes at a good price. Seems everything else is more than $10. Also prefer not run light tubes here in pot hole city, where pinch flates are more common than punctures.
I've used these tubes in various wheel sizes & types. It's a good basic (non-racing) tube, a little on the heavy side. I like that it's available with various stem lengths & types. It's a little on the heavy side, but a great buy when you get them on sale!
Over the past 2-3 years, I've gone through close to 30 of these tubes. Mainly because I carry spares and don't need them myself but give them to others on the roadside. I use the 60mm presta valve tubes paired with 700x23 Specialized All-Condition Armadillo Elite tires and the last 10 times I've used tubes is because I got a new wheelset. I can't remember when my last flat was. I do always pump up to 125psi before I leave my apartment. There's no reason to spend $6-12 per tube for a name brand. Besides, Kenda is itself a brand name. I won't buy other tubes.