This H+ Son Archetype / Ultegra 6800 Wheelset is hand-built by the experts at Portland's revered Sugar Wheel Works. Each component is hand selected to insure complete compatibility, and with their combined decades of experience each wheelset that leaves their studio is built to last.
With H+ Son's Archetype Rim, this wheelset will be a Jack of All Trades. At just 25mm deep and only 470g, the Archetype will spin up quick to make short work of climbs or sprints alike. While it isn't exactly aerodynamically optimized, it also won't slow down in crosswinds either.
Lacing down to the Shimano Ultegra 6800 hubset are 32 spokes front and rear, making the wheelset bombproof and durable enough for any road cycling pursuit. Spinning smoothly and efficiently, the 6800 hubs are a favorite of roadies and commuters alike. No matter how hard the riding gets, the 6800 hubs will keep on spinning without slowing down. And thanks to Shimano's expert engineering, if an issue does crop up it can be quickly and easily serviced, either by yourself or just about any bike shop thanks to the widely-available nature of Shimano genuine parts.
- Handbuilt in Portland, Oregon by Sugar Wheel Works.
- Archetype 25mm-deep alloy rim, the optimal all-round road rim.
- Ultegra 6800 hubset is smooth, efficient, easily serviceable and lightweight.
- Rim Material: Alloy.
- Wheel Size: 700cc.
- Tire Type: Clincher.
- Rim Depth: 25mm.
- Rim Width: 23mm (external).
- Brake Compatibility: Rim.
- Hubs: Ultegra 6800 Hubset.
- Front Axle: Quick release.
- Rear Axle: Quick release.
- Skewers: Alloy quick release.
- Spokes: Double butted..
- Spoke Nipple: N/A.
- Spoke Count: 32 front and rear.
- Claimed Weight: N/A.
- Manufacturer Warranty: 1 year.
A guide to clincher and tubular bicycle wheels.