Step It Up With Forerunner 255
Run at a higher level with the Garmin Forerunner 255 smartwatch. Garmin's industry-leading running smartwatches help you train and recover smarter with training status, running power, multi-band GPS and daily suggested workouts that adapt to your performance and training goals. Plus, other new features — such as race widget — help you plan your race-day strategy. Morning report with HRV status reveals your overall health alongside the day ahead.
With Garmin Pay contactless payments, it's never been easier to buy that post-workout coffee — no matter how you work out — with more than 30 activity profiles, including triathlon, cycling, swimming and more. With Forerunner 255, you can get a holistic snapshot of your health, from training and recovery to sleep quality and overall wellness — and with up to 14 days of battery life in smartwatch mode and up to 30 hours in GPS mode.
- Always-on, full-color display is easy to read even in direct sunlight
- Up to 14 days of battery life in smartwatch mode and 30 hours in GPS mode
- Morning report summarizes sleep, recovery time, training and HRV status
- HRV status tracks your heart rate variability while you sleep
- Free adaptive training plans from Garmin Coach for a 5K, 10K and half-marathon
- Evaluates your current training status to indicate if you're undertraining or overdoing it
- Compatible with Running Dynamics Pod or HRM-Pro™ monitor (sold separately)
- Customizable activity profiles for running, triathlon, cycling, swimming and more
- Multi-band satellite tracking on GPS, GLONASS and Galileo networks
- Safety and tracking features make it easy to share your location with chosen contacts
- Incident detection features
- Receive emails, texts and alerts right on your watch when paired with your smartphone
- Garmin Pay contactless payments let you pay for purchases on the go
- Customize with free watch faces, apps and more from Garmin Connect IQ Store
- Storage capacity for up to 200 hours of activity data
- Lithium ion battery
- Available in Slate Grey and Tidal Blue colorways
- Dimensions: 1.8" display
- Weight: 49g
- Smartwatch mode: Up to 14 days
- GPS-Only GNSS mode: Up to 30 hours
- All-Systems GNSS mode: Up to 25 hours
- All-Systems GNSS mode plus Multi-Band: Up to 16 hours
B-Stock - This product has one or more B-Stock units available. These units can be purchased at a discount (see option select). B-Stock units were returned from other customers and may have missing or damaged packaging materials. These units are otherwise as new. The full manufacturer warranty applies. Click Here for more information.
Mfg PartNum: 010-02641-00
Mfg PartNum: 010-02641-01
Replaced my 945 with the 255. My primarily use is running. Does have triathlon and downhill skiing functionality. The daily health and performance metrics are very helpful. My new 255 surpasses my old 945 in features and benefits and the price is right.
I got injured 4 months before Ironman California and was way undertrained for the race. I was very worried I wouldn't even make the 17 hour cutoff and that my Garmin Forerunner 255 battery wouldn't last the whole race for me. I charged my 255 the night before the race and topped it up race morning. As feared, it took me over 16 hours to finish but my 255 made it all the way through the race recording all of my swim, bike, run and transition data. Amazingly, my 255 did not need to be recharged for two more days after the race!
The Garmin Forerunner 255 gives me more swim, bike and run data than I know how to use. It provides what I want when I want it and the battery life is amazing.
Man, what a great improvement over the 910XT! I had used the Garmin 910XT for many years as a multisport racing and training device. It served me well, but eventually got moisture inside and started giving me problems. I had no idea how much I would appreciate this Forerunner 255 and all its features such as sleep monitoring, VO2 Max, HR, HRV, and a lot more. It is comfortable and the interface is pretty intuitive. Perhaps the best thing about it is that the display is easy to read at a glance when running and in the pool without my glasses. I love that it pairs and uploads my activities via the Garmin app on my phone vs having to be connected to a computer. I would recommend this to triathletes, runners, and generally anyone interested in basic data on their fitness, sleep, and workouts.
This is a really great watch for tracking multiple activities. In the past month, I've used it to track my running, road and gravel cycling, walking, hiking, strength training, yoga, misc cardio, and swims. With all of these, I still haven't tried 2/3 of the available activities. The HR sensor can be broadcast to other devices like my Wahoo Roam. I loaded a training program to prep for a 5k race and there are also training programs for cycling as well as strength, yoga, pilates, and cardio exercise workouts that are easy to load on this watch. These last workouts include animations of each excercise and muscle maps. This is truely a multi-sport watch (sadly, it doesn't have kayaking but Garmin is always updating, so I can hope). The battery is great, much improved over the previous 245 and the GPS is VERY accurate. This watch basically is a new, improved version of the Forerunner 745. As far as I can tell, when compared to the 955, the main things the 255 lacks are music, built-in maps, and a touchscreen (and I don't need any of these). Love this watch!
Garmin is finally offering all of its features on it's Forerunner 2xx watch. Previously, you needed to buy the 7xx or 9xx series to get all the features. Now it has full running, biking, swimming, and triathlon support. Multi band GPS support for better route tracking during activities. Garmin Pay is supported. Plus all the latest Garmin health statistics.
Available in two sizes to fit everyone's wrist size.
Articles will open in new tab.