The Zipp 404/808 Firecrest Carbon Clincher Wheelset pairs two of their aero-optimized deep profile carbon fiber rims for the ultimate in aerodynamic stability, control, and precision in one wheelset. With the 58mm deep 404 up front and the 82mm 808 in back, this wheelset offers the optimized aero pairing that pro's and weekend warriors turn to for aerodynamic performance.
Combining the versatile aerodynamics of the 404 with the optimized performance of the 808, both rims features Zipp's precision manufactured full-carbon rims. Combining the best-in-class performance of their lightweight 404 with the fastest deep-section carbon clincher in their 808, this wheelset is made for raceday. Offering the superior aerodynamics, ride quality, strength, and handling of a wide rim body, this wheelset tips the scales at just 1,785 grams.
At the center of the wheelset is Zipp's 77/177 hubset, offering outstanding durability and improved bearing protection. Featuring an optimized flange geometry and spoke hole attachment pattern, and with the Sapim CR Sprint spokes, the hubs offer increased stiffness, durability, versatility, and responsiveness.
The Zipp 2018 404/808 Firecrest Carbon Clincher Wheelset includes: 2x newly redesigned quick-release skewers, Tangente Platinum Pro Evo brake pads, Zipp integrated valve extender with valve-core wrench, and rim tape.
- Rim Material: Carbon Fiber.
- Wheel Size: 700c.
- Tire Type: Clincher.
- Front Rim Depth: 58mm.
- Rear Rim Depth: 82mm.
- Front Rim Width: 16.25mm (internal), 26.53mm (external).
- Rear Rim Width: n/a (internal), 27.5mm (external).
- Brake Compatibility: Rim.
- Hubs: Zipp 77/177.
- Front Axle: Quick release.
- Rear Axle: Quick release.
- Skewers: Newly designed with a wider more ergonomic handle to provide more leverage.
- Spokes: Sapim CX Sprint.
- Spoke Nipple: Sapim Secure Lock.
- Spoke Count: 18 front / 24 rear.
- Max. Rider Weight: 250 lbs.
- Claimed Weight: 755g front / 1030g rear / 1,785g set.
- Manufacturer Warranty: 2 year.
This product ships signature required.
A guide to clincher and tubular bicycle wheels.