The Rolf Prima Ares4 7.0 Carbon Wheelset is designed to cut through the wind on its way to victory. Combining wind-cutting paired spoke technology and Rolf's Delta rim profile, this wheelset provides feather light aerodynamics and responsiveness.
At 42mm of depth, the carbon fiber rim is firmly in the mid-profile realm, but provides aerodynamics comparable to much deeper wheels on the market. With an external width of 26mm, the Ares4 offers an optimal pairing with the day's wider road tires for improved handling and aerodynamics.
With the 7.0 upgrade to this wheelset, Rolf Prima's TdF5.5 hubset receives a Ballistic Armor coating and upgraded internals. Featuring Enduro XD-15 Ceramic bearings, the upgraded TdF5.5 provide effortlessly smooth spinning. Further upgrades include the inclusion of a pairing of Sapim CX-Ray and Speed spokes for even further improved aerodynamic performance with increased lateral stiffness. New for 2018, Rolf Prima's T2 High Engagement drive mechanism for even faster engagement.
The Rolf Prima Ares4 7.0 Carbon Clincher Wheelset includes rim strips, valve extender, and a QR set.
- Built in the USA.
- An ideal all-around wheel for triathlon or road racing or training.
- 42mm deep carbon fiber rim.
- Claimed weight: 1,375g wheelset.
- Also available with XST5.5 Center Lock disc-compatible hubs.
- Rim Material: Carbon fiber.
- Wheel Size: 700c.
- Tire Type: Clincher.
- Rim Depth: 42mm.
- Rim Width: 17mm (internal), 26mm (external).
- Brake Compatibility: Rim brake.
- Hubs: Ballistic armor coated TdF 5.5 w/ Enduro XD-15 ceramic bearings.
- Front Axle: Quick release.
- Rear Axle: Quick release.
- Spokes: Sapim CX-Ray/Speed.
- Spoke Count: 16 front / 16 rear.
- Claimed Weight: 595g front, 780g rear, 1,375g set.
- Manufacturer Warranty: 5 years.
This product ships signature required.
A guide to clincher and tubular bicycle wheels.