Backorder: This item is currently out of stock but is available to purchase today as a backorder. The expected availability date shown above is our best estimate as to when it will be shipped to you, but this date is subject to change based on our receipt of this item from its vendor. Shipping in the continental US is free for all backorder items (for international orders, our customer service team will contact you when the item is available to ship). Your credit card will not be charged until your item ships (Paypal requires payment up front, but you can cancel for full refund). Anytime prior to shipment, your backorder can be cancelled by contacting our customer service team.
The Reynolds Cycling Strike Carbon Wheelset is designed for aerodynamic speed at any time trial, triathlon, or criterium. Featuring a lightweight, stiff, 62mm-deep carbon rim, the Strike slices through the wind on its way to victory, and with its 25mm-wide Swirl Lip Generator rim, it basically propels itself.
Starting with the 62mm-deep hoops, the Strike features Reynolds' Swirl Lip Generator technology. This strategically placed lip (located near the spoke face) helps turbulent air passing over the wheel to reattach to the spoke face, decreasing side force on the rim and reducing drag but up to 20%. Internally, the 17mm-wide rim channel boasts tubeless compatibility to add untold versatility, comfort, and performance to the mix. All that speed wouldn't do much help if stopping was a problem, and luckily with Reynolds' Cryogenic Glass Transition braking surface, the Strike does away with all the negative characteristics of a carbon brake track, outperforming non-CTg systems by 53%.
Down below, the CNC-machined alloy Reynolds Allroads hubs add stiffness without adding weight. Featuring 20 spokes up front and 24 in the rear, the Allroads hubs feature 36 points of engagement, engaging ever 10º to provide rapid, reliable power transfer.
- 62mm depth provides manageable aerodynamic speed that performs better, longer.
- Tubeless-ready rim offers added versatility, comfort, and performance.
- Swirl Lip Generator technology rim profile reduces drag and improves handling.
- Rim Material: Carbon Fiber, Swirl Lip Generator rim profile, tubeless-ready.
- Wheel Size: 700cc.
- Tire Type: Clincher, tubeless-ready.
- Rim Depth: 62mm.
- Rim Width: 17mm (internal), 25mm (external).
- Brake Compatibility: Rim brake only, Cryogenic Glass Transition brake surface.
- Hubs: Reynolds Allroads, CNC machined, 10º, 36-points of engagement.
- Front Axle: Quick release.
- Rear Axle: Quick release.
- Spokes: Sapim CX Sprint.
- Spoke Nipple: Alloy.
- Spoke Count: 20 front, 24 rear.
- Claimed Weight: 1,645g.
- Manufacturer Warranty: Lifetime warranty.
This product ships signature required.
A guide to clincher and tubular bicycle wheels.