Profile Design's 38/TwentyFour Clincher Wheelset is the product of a collaboration between Computational Fluid Dynamics technicians and PF's experts in aerodynamics. The carbon fiber 38mm rims with an external width of 24.5mm feature a subtly curved rim shape with a rounded spoke-facing edge, delivering a smoother ride and impressive stability in crosswinds. The forged, machined 6061-T6 aluminum hub and shot-peened, hard anodized 7001-T6 aluminum freehub deliver strength and stiffness that translates to responsive shifting and increased power transfer.
For greater durability and braking performance, Profile Design developed a proprietary high Tg point resin for their TwentyFour series wheelsets that’s, according to PF, 30% higher than other “high” Tg resins.
- Rim Material: Carbon fiber.
- Wheel Size: 700c.
- Tire Type: Clincher.
- Rim Depth: 38mm.
- Rim Width 17mm (internal), 24.5mm (external).
- Hubs: 6061-T6 Alloy.
- Bearing size: 699 (front); 6802 (rear).
- Front Axle: Not specified.
- Rear Axle: Not specified.
- Skewers: QR.
- Spoke Material: Stainless Steel.
- Spoke Shape: Straight Pull, Bladed.
- Spoke Pattern: Radial (front); Radial/2 cross (rear).
- Spoke Nipple: 7075 Alloy Polyax Double Square.
- Spoke Count: 20 (front); 24 (rear).
- Max. Rider Weight: 220lbs.
- Claimed Weight: 728g (front); 904g (rear).
- Compatibility: Shimano/SRAM 9/10/11spd; Campagnolo 10/11spd w/ separately sold Campagnolo-specific freehub.
- Manufacturer Warranty: 2 year limited.
This product ships signature required.
A guide to clincher and tubular bicycle wheels.