The Mavic 2018 Cosmic Pro Carbon SL UST DiscWheelset is the newest addition to the Cosmic line of aerodynamic disc brake road wheels. Featuring a full carbon 40mm deep NACA profile rim, these rims boast a 25mm width that pairs perfectly with the wider tires of today, resulting in a more comfortable ride with better handling in all conditions. This ultralight wheelset boasts a total weight of just 1,570 grams, with the lightest rim in its class weighing in at just 450g per rim. While these rims are super light and aerodynamically optimized, Mavic had to revisit the brake track to ensure it stopped as efficiently as it accelerated. Benefitting from their iTgMax Carbon technology, the Cosmic Pro Carbon SL UST sheds heat reliably, while the laser-treated track provides reliable performance mile after mile.
Down below, Mavic's lightweight alloy hubs are built around disc brakes, featuring 12mm thru axles front and rear. However, both hubs are convertible to meet the standards of each individual bike, so if 15mm thru axles are needed, simply Contact Us, we're happy to help you sort out which adaptor you might need. Lacing the rims down to their alloy hubs, 24 aero steel spokes front and rear help keep the weight down, while ensuring these wheels maintain the instantaneous snap that's needed for winning Mountain stages in the tour.
With their UST technology, Mavic seeks to make a tubeless setup that is not only more convenient, but also capable of flat-out racing. Coming paired with their Yksion Pro UST Tires and tubeless tape, this wheelset has everything needed to experience cushy, efficient, and grippy tubeless riding.
The Mavic 2018 Cosmic Pro Carbon SL UST Wheelset comes with Mavic tire sealant, tubeless rim tape, multifunction adjustment wrench, carbon brake pads, UST Valve and accessories, dual BR601 quick release skewers, and the user guide.
- 40mm deep wind tunnel tested NACA profile rim.
- 25mm external width offers perfect tire integration for superior handling in all conditions.
- Superlight wheelset weighs in at 1,570g, with a leading rim weight of 450g.
- Rotor compatibility: 6 Bolt, Center Lock.
- Best in Class braking from the iTgMax carbon technology's superior heat resistance.
- Laser-treated single carbon layer rim bed gives predictable braking in all weather.
- Instant Drive 360 Freewheel is compatible with 10/11-speed Shimano or SRAM drivetrains.
- Thru Axle: 12mm front and rear, convertible with additional adapters.
- Includes Mavic Yksion Pro UST Tubeless Ready 700x25c tires.
This product ships signature required.
A guide to clincher and tubular bicycle wheels.