Backorder: This item is currently out of stock but is available to purchase today as a backorder. The expected availability date shown above is our best estimate as to when it will be shipped to you, but this date is subject to change based on our receipt of this item from its vendor. Shipping in the continental US is free for all backorder items (for international orders, our customer service team will contact you when the item is available to ship). We can not accept Paypal for backorder items (credit card checkout, only). Your credit card will not be charged until your item ships. Anytime prior to shipment, your backorder can be cancelled by contacting our customer service team.
The 2018 Aksium ALLROAD Disc Wheelset from Mavic offers a wider, 17mm, rim that can fit a broader range of tire sizes - 25 to 32mm. Robust brass spoke nipples paired with 24 straight pull, round spokes are arranged in a stable, disc-friendly pattern, yielding a reliably steady wheelset. Lightweight aluminum hubs with a sturdy steel axle and low friction QRM sealed cartridge bearings consistently deliver a smooth ride while significantly reducing the need for maintenance.
The freewheel features a swappable steel FTS-L (Force Transfer System-Light) freehub body; compatible with 11-speed Shimano or SRAM XD. Mavic equips most of their freewheels with changeable freehub bodies for quick and easy conversion from Shimano/SRAM XD to Campagnolo or vice-versa.
The 2018 Aksium ALLROAD Disc Wheelset comes with front and rear wheels, rim tape, a user guide, and BR101 quick releases.
Safety Note: Mavic recommends the total weight supported by this wheelset does not exceed 120kg (264lbs), including bike.
- Rim material: S6000 Aluminum.
- Rim dimensions: 21mm (height); 17mm (internal width).
- Rim drilling: traditional with H2 reinforcement.
- 6.5mm valve hole diameter.
- 24 straight pull round steel spokes; brass spoke nipples; 2x lacing (front & rear).
- Aluminum front & rear hubs; steel axle; low friction QRM sealed cartridge bearings.
- FTS-L steel freewheel.
- Centerlock disc brake rotor mounts.
- Recommended tire sizes: 25 to 32mm.
- Weight: 2045g (pair, no tire); 940g (front, no tire); 1105g (rear, no tire).
- Compatible with 12mm thru axles; converts to 15mm thru axles with adaptor (not included).
A guide to clincher and tubular bicycle wheels.