The 2018 Aksium ALLROAD Disc Wheelset from Mavic offers a wider, 17mm, rim that can fit a broader range of tire sizes - 25 to 32mm. Robust brass spoke nipples paired with 24 straight pull, round spokes are arranged in a stable, disc-friendly pattern, yielding a reliably steady wheelset. Lightweight aluminum hubs with a sturdy steel axle and low friction QRM sealed cartridge bearings consistently deliver a smooth ride while significantly reducing the need for maintenance.
The freewheel features a swappable steel FTS-L (Force Transfer System-Light) freehub body; compatible with 11-speed Shimano or SRAM XD. Mavic equips most of their freewheels with changeable freehub bodies for quick and easy conversion from Shimano/SRAM XD to Campagnolo or vice-versa.
The 2018 Aksium ALLROAD Disc Wheelset comes with front and rear wheels, rim tape, a user guide, and BR101 quick releases.
Safety Note: Mavic recommends the total weight supported by this wheelset does not exceed 120kg (264lbs), including bike.
- Rim material: S6000 Aluminum.
- Rim dimensions: 21mm (height); 17mm (internal width).
- Rim drilling: traditional with H2 reinforcement.
- 6.5mm valve hole diameter.
- 24 straight pull round steel spokes; brass spoke nipples; 2x lacing (front & rear).
- Aluminum front & rear hubs; steel axle; low friction QRM sealed cartridge bearings.
- FTS-L steel freewheel.
- Centerlock disc brake rotor mounts.
- Recommended tire sizes: 25 to 32mm.
- Weight: 2045g (pair, no tire); 940g (front, no tire); 1105g (rear, no tire).
- Compatible with 12mm thru axles; converts to 15mm thru axles with adaptor (not included).