The Lezyne Hecto Drive 400XL is a multi-purpose performance LED cycling light designed for high-output illumination in a barspace-conscious body. The compact, durable and heat-dissipating CNC machined aluminum construction with a versatile handlebar strap that reduces the amount of clutter on the handlebars, while mounting to just about any type of handlebar around. Ultrahigh-output LED delivering up to 400 lumens and 8 different illumination modes, from a steady beam to several different eye-catching flash modes. With the Hecto Drive 400XL's Enhanced MOR (Maximum Optical Reflection) lens providing built-in side visibility, passing motorists, cyclists or pedestrians will still be able to see you.
Lumens / Battery Life:
- Blast: 400 Lumens / 1 Hour.
- Enduro: 150 Lumens / 2 Hours.
- Economy: 75 Lumens / 4 Hours.
- Femto: 15 Lumens / 18 Hours.
- Flash 1: 50 Lumens / 11 Hours 15 Minutes.
- Flash 2: 50 Lumens / 11 Hours 15 Minutes.
- Day Flash: 400 Lumens / 5 Hours 45 Minutes.
- Pulse: 50 Lumens / 12 Hours 30 Minutes.
- Weather-resistant CNC-machined alloy body stands up to passing showers or storms.
- MOR (Maximum Optical Reflection) Optics optimizes beam efficiency with built-in side visibility.
- Cable-free USB Stick recharging.
- Recharge time: 2 hours.
- Claimed weight: 100 grams.
Other styles of this product are available.
Ordered by Most Relevant First
by Ted P
Solid, versatile commuter light.
This is a great little commuter light, I'd even say I wouldn't hesitate to use as a backup light for mountain bike night-riding. Battery life has been awesome so far, exceeding manufacturer stated run times. It's nice to not need a charging cable, just plug this into a USB. I use it almost daily to ride to work and back. My only major complaint is that the rubber strap is maxed out on my normal-radius road handlebars and I fear it will wear out fairly quickly, the strap is replaceable but definitely an OEM part needed.
daylight flash mode
- short-ish strap
- strap life (concern, not demonstrated)
- mode-cycling (so many modes can make it annoying to cycle through if you miss one!)
Was this review useful to you? Yes
Thank you for your feedback.
How to pick the right bicycle lights to stay seen and visible on your bike.