Backorder: This item is currently out of stock but is available to purchase today as a backorder. The expected availability date shown above is our best estimate as to when it will be shipped to you, but this date is subject to change based on our receipt of this item from its vendor. Shipping in the continental US is free for all backorder items (for international orders, our customer service team will contact you when the item is available to ship). We can not accept Paypal for backorder items (credit card checkout, only). Your credit card will not be charged until your item ships. Anytime prior to shipment, your backorder can be cancelled by contacting our customer service team.
The Garmin Edge Explore 1000 is tailored toward the touring and adventuring cyclist, with a simplified interface, preloaded detailed cycling maps, onboard routing options, and Incident Detection to automatically alert emergency contacts in case of an accident. The addition of an accelerometer allows the Explore to be oriented in either landscape or portrait for a better view whether while riding or routing, and it's also what makes it possible for the device to detect a crash and to begin its incident notification process.
Like the performance-oriented standard Edge 1000, the Explore features a 3” color touchscreen and Bluetooth connectivity to display call and text alerts, weather information, and upload live tracking data when paired with a smartphone. GPS and Glonass reception ensures the most robust satellite connectivity for accurate location recording in remote areas and under tree cover, and the onboard routing options lets users create rides right from the device. Ride options can even be automatically created by inputting distance, elevation, and heading parameters.
In the box:
- Edge Explore 1000
- Preloaded maps
- Mounts (standard and out-front)
- Edge remote with mounts
- Silicone case
- Micro-USB cable
- Color touchscreen and simple user interface: a 3.0" rugged and customizable color touchscreen, quickly find and view the most important data
- Comprehensive performance monitoring: displays ride data (speed, distance, time, heart rate [strap sold separately], cadence [sensor sold separately], elevation, location and personal records)
- Heart rate-based calorie computation
- Bike friendly routing with points of interest and route suggestions
- Preloaded maps and the capacity to purchase/add additional maps
- Garmin Connect Mobile compatible to instantly upload ride data via your smartphone
- Incoming call/text alerts
- Barometric altimeter
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery with up to 15 hour battery life
- Water resistant to IPX7 (one meter of water for 30 mins)
- Unit dimensions: 4.4” x 2.3” x 0.8” (11.2 cm x 5.8 cm x 2.0 cm)
- Weight: 4.0 oz (114.5 g)
This product ships signature required.
Ordered by Most Relevant First
4 of 4 customers found this review helpful.
Great for touring
I bought this to replace a Garmin 800 and I am not disappointed. I like to tour and my wife is very concerned about me riding and having an accident. It has s feature called Live track that works through a smartphone so she can track my ride in close to real time. She stated that these two features are worth every penny I paid. If you like to track your rides it will also automatically record your rides into Garmin Connect so you don't have to manually sync. ( works through the smartphone.). It was relatively easy to set up although you have to download Garmin Connect to your smartphone. Since I don't race I didn't need all the features in the other 1000.
When you press the startpause button at the end of a ride it asks if you want to end the ride. When you press the end ride it then asks if you want to save the ride. When you press save ride it then brings up a summary page you can scroll through. It also zero's out the ride page for the next ride. You don't have to hold down the lap button to save the old ride and zero out the page.
Was this review useful to you? Yes
Thank you for your feedback.
A guide to selecting cycling computers.