ENVE's ultimate all-around wheelset has been even further refined with the 2017 ENVE SES 3.4 Carbon Clincher Wheelset. A holistic redesign of the rim profile has resulted in a 21 mm inner-width that's optimized for 25 mm tires and tubeless compatibility. In the pursuit of a balance between aero, rolling efficiency, and stability, the updated shape is 38 mm deep x 29.75 mm wide in the front and 42 mm deep x 29 mm wide in the back. They're also as much about braking as they are about acceleration and max speed, featuring an improved molded-in brake-track texture to give it 30% increased performance that stops equally well in the wet or the dry.
This version includes ENVE’s own full-carbon hubset at the center. Using DT Swiss’s expertly crafted internals and Ceramic Speed bearings, ENVE houses them inside what other manufacturers have struggled to do, that is, hub shells that are carbon from flange to flange. To make them strong enough, the spoke holes are molded-in instead of drilled out to withstand ENVE’s demanding lab and field testing, and at the end of the day, the entire hubset only weighs 232 g.
- Tubeless ready
- ENVE Carbon hubset
- Optimized for 25 mm tires
- Includes: Tubeless valve stems and tape, valve extenders, rim strips, titanium skewers, and carbon-specific brake pads
- Front dimensions: 38 mm deep, 29.75 mm external width, 21 mm internal width
- Rear dimensions: 42 mm deep, 29 mm extern width, 21 mm internal width
- Spoke count: 20 front / 24 rear
- Rim weight: 432 g front / 439 g rear
- Wheel weight: 610 g front / 721 g rear / 1331 g total
- Available in multiple freehub options. Compatible with 9/10/11-speed cassettes.
- Built in Utah
This product ships signature required.
A guide to clincher and tubular bicycle wheels.