Though the Race King MTB Tire is designed for speed above all else, Continental still manages to deliver reliable grip over a wide range of conditions. This ProTection model also features the proven Black Chili rubber compound, plus an extremely durable, yet race-ready construction. Featuring a variable 4x/3x240 TPI casing, the Race King provides lightweight, supple protection from punctures and slashes
The tread structure is built on the amazing Black Chili rubber, with low-profile knobs for an effortless roll on hardpack. The slightly wider spacing offers just enough room to effectively shed mud and hook up in looser conditions.
- Advanced Black Chili rubber compound with dense particles for speed, grip and durability
- Tough ProTection casing with 4 fabric plies of 240 TPI.
- Extra fabric ply ensures puncture resistance and sidewall reinforcement over the Race Sport model
- Folding bead
- Tubeless ready.
- 27.5 x 2.2 Inch (55-622 ISO)
- 570 grams
- Recommended pressure: 44-58 PSI.
Articles will open in new tab.
A guide to common bike tire sizes and how to find the tires that will fit your bike.
Understanding older bicycle tire sizes.
A useful chart for determining the tire size you need for your bicycle.
Tips for proper bicycle tire mounting and tire safety.
A guide to understanding tire width.
A guide to understanding bicycle tire tread patterns and what you should look for.