The Continental Cross King ProTection MTB Tire is a fast-rolling tire intended for cross-country racing and riding, yet durable and reliable enough for trail riding as well. Featuring tacky grip and minimal rolling resistance thanks to its BlackChili compound, the Cross King balances high levels of traction with low rolling resistance, making it uniquely suited to cross-country racing as a rear tire. With a versatile, capable small-block tread pattern,
- Fast-rolling tire for cross-country racing or riding.
- Ideal as rear tire.
- Small block tread pattern for fast rolling grip.
- BlackChili compound for tacky grip with low rolling resistance.
- ProTection layer prevents punctures, tears, or slits on the trail.
- TPI: 4 plies, 240 TPI.
- Claimed weight: 640 g (2.2").
Articles will open in new tab.
A guide to common bike tire sizes and how to find the tires that will fit your bike.
Understanding older bicycle tire sizes.
A useful chart for determining the tire size you need for your bicycle.
Tips for proper bicycle tire mounting and tire safety.
A guide to understanding tire width.
A guide to understanding bicycle tire tread patterns and what you should look for.