The Space Horse is the most versatile model in All City's road line. It was designed to accommodate front and rear racks and fenders. It can be built geared or single and has clearance for large 42c tires.
The geometry of the frameset is a mix of traditional road and randonneur geos with a relatively short rear end and a bottom bracket that's lower than a road bike. This gives the bike agile handling and increased stability when loaded. The lower BB also helps you descend gravel roads like a champ.
Its load capacity is 30lbs in the rear and 20lbs in the front. These numbers allowed All City to choose tubing that is stiff enough to handle a multi-week excursion, yet still rides beautifully and comfortably for unloaded road and gravel adventures.
One of the coolest aspects of the Space Horse project was getting the opportunity to improve upon existing semi-horizontal dropouts (the traditional dropout for a bike of this style). While traditional semi-horizontals are excellent in their versatility, All City felt their user experience and safety could be greatly improved. The small tab on the front of the dropout in combination with the adjustment screw means that the wheel is fixed in place like a vertical dropout system. You'll never have to wonder where to get the best shifting. Simply place the wheel fully forward in the dropout and you're done.
Its 612 Select frame features AC's custom head badge, brazed-on signature seat collar, signature semi-horizontal dropouts and custom bottom bracket. There are double eyelets on the dropout, mid-blade mounts on the fork and reinforcements on the bottle bosses. They've also included a pump peg and internal top tube cable routing. Finish it off with an E.D. coating for rust prevention and All City's beautiful wet paint.
- Frame: 612 Select ChroMoly steel. Double butted down, top, and seat tubes. Externally tapered, ovalized, and dimpled chain stays, tapered seat stays
- Fork: 4130 ChroMoly tapered fork blades, lugged crown and matching dropout. Straight steertube
- Rear spacing: 130mm
- Brake Compatibility: Cantilever, Linear Pull
- Seatpost diameter: 27.2
- Headset: 1-1/8" threadless, EC34 upper & lower, Crown race 30.0
- Front Derailleur clamp diameter: 28.6, Traditional
- Bottom Bracket Shell: 68mm English
- Tire clearance7: 00x42
- Extras: Rack & fender mounts, ED coated
- Headset: Cane Creek 10 series
- Stem: Salsa Guide, 1-1/8th threadless, 31.8 clamp
- Handlebar: Salsa Cowbell 3, 31.8
- Tape: Black
- Shift/Brake lever: Shimano Tiagra 4600 10 speed
- Brake: Tektro R720
- Front Derailleur: Shimano Tiagra 4600
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Tiagra 4600, short cage
- Crankset: Shimano Tiagra 4600 50-34t
- Bottom Bracket: Shimano Tiagra 4600
- Seatpost: Kalloy 27.2
- Saddle: All-City Gonzo
- Cassette: Shimano Tiagra 12-30t 10 speed
- Chain: KMC X-10
- Hubs: Shimano Tiagra
- Rims: Alex DA16 32 hole
- Tires: Freedom Ryder 700x35 steel bead
This product is NOT Eligible for VIP Points.