1 of 1 customers found this review helpful.
I've been using Prolink Progold for about five years and it's the best lube I've ever used. One of its main advantages is that Prolink is actually a solvent and a lube in one and hence, if you do have any grime built up in your drivetrain, Prolink will remove it as it lubricates.
The key to using Prolink properly is to allow it to fully dry before riding. If you don't, Prolink will turn your drivetrain black but it lubricates despite this color change. If you want to keep your drivetrain with that freshly cleaned, bare-metal look longer, follow the instructions below.
Twice a year, I give my chain this full metal jacket treatment.
1) Remove the chain from the bike.
2) Bathe in odorless mineral spirits for about two hours.
3) Remove the chain, wipe clean and allow to dry for 2-3 hours.
4) Bathe the chain in Prolink overnight.
5) Clean the remainder of my drivetrain with a degreaser
6) Remove the chain the next morning, wipe and allow it to dry for a full day.
7) Put chain back on the bike.
Every 70-100 dry miles, I apply Prolink to my chain, one drop per link, wipe with a cloth and allow to dry fully overnight. If I ride in rain, I always apply a fresh coat of Prolink afterwards. I've found that this routine works extremely well for my road bike.
One addendum I'd like to add is that I've been riding for many decades and I've tried many different types of lubes over the years...wet, dry and I even fondly remember boiling my chain in wax on the stove back in the 80's and early 90's. Prolink is superior to any other lube I've used.
Thank you for your feedback.
You have already submitted a vote for this review.